Previously...


Yes, it really is the end of August.


Previously in Writing

August was fanfiction month for me. With nothing new on the horizon for an original novel right now, I decided to have some fun. Well, okay, a lot of fun. Thousands and thousands of words of fun. Fanfiction, even when I do share it, is for me. It's pure indulgence, but it also keeps my creativity ticking over. I've written about my love of fanfiction in the past, and will probably do so again in the future. It allows me to explore ideas and write in different genres. Eventually, it will lead to my next big idea. But I'm not worrying about that right now. I'm still querying Ghost!Story, so while that's trying to find an agent, I'm gonna have some fun.

Previously in Reading

Other than fanfiction? Absolutely nothing. 2016 has been pretty quiet on the book front. I think I've been so busy with other creative outlets, not to mention busy at work and in my non-writing life, that something had to give. That something, so far, has been books. That being said, there's a couple of books coming out in September I'm really looking forward to.

Next Time in Goals

I've been saying I'll do it for years, but this time, I'm hoping it's for real - I'm going to join an orchestra. I've been playing the violin for nearly four years now, so it's time to take the next step.

A Word of Advice

Don't be afraid to write for no one but yourself. I say it so often on here, but it's worth repeating: not everything you write has to be for an agent or publication. It's so easy to forget that the reason we write is because we love it when everything's about querying and requests and rejections and so close but not close enough.

And on that note, if you'll excuse me, I have some more fanfiction to write. WHEEEEEEEE!

Alas, no linky today. Please be so kind as to leave links to your posts in the comments below.

Here's to September!

Comments

  1. https://colewritingblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/08/previously.html
    YESSS FANFICTION
    YESSS YES YESSS ORCHESTRA! Go go go, apply!

    It sounds like you've had a really fun month. I hope that continues into September, and I'm looking forward to hearing about your orchestra adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am waiting to hear back from the orchestra. Fingers crossed!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts