The Joy of Writing With Music - Classical

Being a trainee classical violinist means I've spent the past few years exploring classical music more than ever before. I love to sit back, listen, and let my imagination fly away with whatever the music inspires.

Please share your favourites in the comments below or via Twitter. I'm always after more music <3

The Carnival of the Animals - The Swan (Camille Saint-Saëns)


*weeps* Listen to that! It's so beautiful. Saint-Saëns' Carnival of the Animals is one of my favourite suites. I find it so soothing. A great piece to clear my mind with and settle into a good writing mood.

Clair de Lune - Charles Debussy


Can't you just imagine staring up at a starry sky as you listen to this piece? It's so peaceful and warm.

The Arabian Dance (from The Nutcracker) - Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky


I adore this suite, and The Arabian Dance is a favourite. I love the mysterious, almost melancholic air to it. I find it very inspiring.

The Moonlight Sonata - Ludwig van Beethoven


Couldn't do a post like this without The Moonlight Sonata. It inspired my Ghost!Story series and features in the first book. I blame Resident Evil for me always associating this with ominous goings-on...

See you next week for more great writing music!

Comments

Popular Posts