Farewell 2015!

Another year has come to an end. It's been a bit bumpy, and I'm in the middle of a pretty big transition, but I'd still rate this as a good year.

Favourite blogs 

Tracey Joseph
Bridgid Gallahger 

Best Books


I didn't read nearly as many books this year as I did last year, but I found some new all time favourites, which is always exciting! 

Best Music

Honestly, I had to break this up because I have had so much wonderful music in my life this year.

Final Symphonies

The magical Final Symphony album finally came out in early 2015, followed by the Final Symphony II concert in London in September. Even thinking about how wonderful this music is makes me emotional. I adore it. Hearing it takes me on a journey. 


Materia

This album, put together by fans of Final Fantasy VII after the news of the remake broke, was a wonderful bonus.


Best Videogame

Aaaaah, another year of me not playing a single new release. That will change next year - Uncharted 4! Zelda Wii U (PLEASE, NINTENDO!!!) The PS4 release of Rise of the Tomb Raider! Could I even have my hands on the Final Fantasy VII remake? Kingdom Hearts III?!?!?!? A girl can dream! No matter what, I'll have my work cut out for me choosing my best in 2016. This year... Well, I have three...


This game destroyed me. If you can make it through the whole thing without crying, you're a tougher soul than I am.


While the rest of the gaming world settled into Metal Gear Solid V, I finally played the fourth game. I've waited a long time to play this. And despite the frequently cringe-inducing depiction of women in this game, I really enjoyed it.

PT


It will forever hurt that we'll never have Silent Hills, but ooooooh this was good and by far the scariest thing I have ever played. I know getting hold of it is impossible now, but I shall never forget the terror that was forcing myself through the loops of Silent Hills.

If you want to see some if it for yourself, you can find it here. It's still pretty freaky...

Goals for 2016

Looking over this year's goals, I've done okay. Didn't find an agent, but there's always next year :D I've had some really encouraging and personalised rejections this year which give me hope. Success is only around the corner. I just have to keep striving. I will not give up!

I definitely wrote a new book this year. In fact, I wrote four! That's a personal record. I met agents for the first time this year, which gave me new insight on the publishing business. I've had loads of great meetups with writer friends, and I've definitely developed as a writer.

As for the violin, well, while I never did take that grade IV exam, my teacher decided to skip onto music aimed at grades VI and VII so definite improvements there. I'm currently learning to play this. It's both my mum's and my teacher's favourite, so I'm trying to make it sound incredibly beautiful. Maybe one day I'll have the confidence to share a recording of myself ^^;;;;

My goals for 2016 are:
  • Qualify as a NVQ assessor 
  • Write a new book 
  • Join an amateur orchestra
  • Keep on blogging!
  • Go to at least two videogame music concerts... AND I ALREADY HAVE MY SYMPHONIC FANTASIES TICKETS!!!! I will finally hear music from Kingdom Hearts performed live! Honestly, as soon as this concert was announced the other week, I cried. In a car. In public ^^; I cannot put into words how thrilled I am. I'm super hopeful Distant Worlds will return to London in 2016, too. I want to go again and this time sit in the stalls.
  • Sign with an agent. I will never take this goal off my list until it's achieved.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year!
    And good luck with everything for 2016 <3 I can't believe how many books you've written this year, it's amazing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe that you wrote FOUR books this year! Wow! Happy New Year, Cole, and best wishes for an amazing 2016! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Erin. A very happy new year to you, too!

      Delete
  3. Success is so close! You can do it! STAY DETERMINED!

    (*cough* UNDERTALE was 100% my game of the year. *cough*)

    Four books in a year is absolutely amazing, you've done so well! And that violin piece is beautiful too. I really do hope you feel confident enough to share a recording with us some day, I'd love to hear your work.

    Onto the next ear! Joining an orchestra sound really exciting, can't wait to read about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *grabby hands* Come to me, success!!!

      I need to find time to play that. So much to do, so little time.

      *blushes* maybe someday!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts