Bookish Advent Calendar - Day Three!


This is still my favourite Patrick Ness book. I love the imaginative narrative style, and how normal the main character is. His reactions and responses to the chaos around him are so believable. He's so realistically naive, which works brilliantly in the complex world he inhabits.

Set in a world where everyone can hear each other's thoughts, we follow Todd, who discovers everything he's ever been told about the history of his town is a terrible lie. The only way he can keep what he's discovered secret is to flee, but he's got a whole town coming after him...

It also has the greatest opening line of all time. If you haven't read it, pick up a copy and you'll see what I mean.

Comments

  1. This book has been sitting on my shelf for a while now. I really need to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I finished the Chaos Walking books this year. SO GOOD. SO DAMN GOOD. Despite the heart-wrenching nature of Book 1, I loved the whole series by the end, and the way it handled war and trauma was astounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It's a stunning achievement.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts