Bookish Advent Calendar - Day Seven!


Another picture book today. Slinky Malinki is a favourite of mine that I discovered as an adult. One of the joys of working with younger children is having a wealth of picture books at your disposal. Slinky Malinki is a troublesome cat who gets into all sorts of mischief. The use of language in this book is magnificent, and I've read it to children as young as two. They love the musical nature of the words. The storytelling is really imaginative, and the artwork is beautiful. Slinky Malinki looks as cheeky as he behaves.

Be sure to check out all of Lynley Dodd's other books, especially Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy, which I think I can still recite from memory.

Comments

  1. Oooh, the title is excellent and the cover looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a classic. I've bought so many copies for children over the years, including my nephew ;) I hope he'll love it when he's 1) y'know actually born :P and 2) appreciates stories.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts