Videogame Music Celebration! "No, no, no, no, no!"


Hey, go me, a 'quote' from another game. Think you know what it is? Comment below ;)

Every story has that moment when everything goes really, really, really wrong. And I have got plenty of music to inspire your story's "No, no, no!" moments.

Bioshock - The Ocean On His Shoulders


Sometimes, those "No!" moments in your story end in tragedy. This piece of music really captures the feeling that something has gone terribly wrong. 

This version was performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra. They've recorded two videogame compilation albums for you to explore. 

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Arachnophobia


O______________________O DID IT HAVE TO BE GIANT SPIDERS, NAUGHTY DOG? REALLY?! *shudders*

(Side note - I JUST HAVE SO MANY UNCHARTED 3 FEELS.)

Album is available on iTunes. While I'm sad the fourth game will have a new composer, I'm super excited about getting my hands on the OST next March.

Resident Evil -Forest is DEAD


Sometimes, the "No!" moment is your story's inciting incident. I think music from the Resident Evil series, the Walking Dead of the 1990s, is the perfect inspiration for a story that starts with an unimaginable event.

Also, true story about this track. When I first played Resident Evil, back in 1996, this piece of music terrified me so much the first time I heard it, I turned Jill Valentine around and fled through the door to 'safety'.

In my defense, I was ten years old.

Final Fantasy IX - You're Not Alone


After the "No!" moment, your characters have to dig deep and keep going. This piece of music, especially this version, makes me want to take on all my challenges. I'm sure it'll inspire you to do the same.

Comments

Popular Posts