Videogame Music Celebration - "Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?"


What's this, romantic stuff on my blog? Huh. And I thought I was dead inside.

(also, yes, that is another quote from the same game as last week. Know what it is? Answers in the comments, please!)

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep - Peaceful Hearts


I love this piece. It's so floaty and cute. Definitely a great one for your magical romances.

This OST is available from Square-Enix's website!

Final Fantasy IX - Melodies of Life (Piano Version)


I chose the piano version because I love it. It's probably my favourite version. It's fun to play along with. I can pretend I'm in concert ;) It's cute, it's light, it's adorable.

This album is available online and from Square-Enix. Yay!

Silent Hill 2 - Laura Plays The Piano


Hey, who says romantic can't also mean really, really, really creepy.

This OST is available on the US iTunes. If you want it in the UK, you'll have to go old school and get the CD ;)

Final Fantasy VII - Tifa's Theme (Performed by Andrew Furmanczyk and Joanna Lee)


This is a piano/viola duet version of Tifa's Theme. It's beautiful. It really captures a sense of love and longing. I love the depth of the viola's sound. It blends with the piano perfectly.

And if you are a Final Fantasy VII fan and haven't picked up MATERIA yet, you need to get on that ;) My review is here. I've been listening to it all week, and I promise I'll be featuring more music from it. There's just so much to choose from <3

Comments

  1. There's something about a song just played on a piano that is haunting and lovely. I never thought of music from video games to go with writing, but I haven't played any in a long while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right. The piano, under the hands of a talented musician, is absolutely magical.

      Most of the music I love is from older games as I'm still a console generation behind. It's still brilliant to write with.

      Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete
  2. To answer your question: METAL GEAAARRRRRRRR SOLIIIIIDD. :D

    Love these themes. There's something very relaxing about all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaaay! You win internet cookies ;)

      They are pretty chilled. All favourites for sure :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts