Miss Cole's Tea Time - Smoky Russian from Bluebird Tea


Today, I have the ultimate in autumn teas - a Russian Caravan blend. YUM!

When I went into the store on Saturday to pick this up, the moment the lovely customer assistant opened the tin I could smell it. It was instant nostalgia, bringing back memories of Guy Fawkes and bonfires. The smell conjures up images of barren trees against a grey sky and the woodsmoke of warm fires. Perfect writing inspiration for this time of year, don't you think?

And it is delicious. The smoky flavour really comes through - with or without milk. I chose to taste it both ways, and I have to admit I prefer it without milk. The milk takes the edge off the taste, so if you find it a bit too strong, that's the way you can drink it.


The taste is really different to your usual black teas. The smokiness comes through, and there's a real bite to it that you don't find with other blends. You might expect it to be bitter, but it's not at all - with or without milk. It's smooth and delicious, and perfect for these chilly autumn mornings. I brewed it for four minutes before pouring. I wouldn't recommend less that that.

It certainly is fun to find new teas to drink! :D

Comments

  1. Ooo, that sounds lovely. I've been avoiding that one because smokey teas are always quite a risky proposition, but now I'll need to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! But I decided to take the plunge after encouragement from a Russian Caravan drinking friend. I don't regret it at all. It's not what you might expect from such a pungent aroma.

      Delete
  2. I only do herbal tea, but IF I drank coffee and had to choose between the two, I would be a tea girl all the way. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then I shall keep posting reviews in the hopes of tempting you to try a good black tea ;)

      Delete
  3. Oooo this almost makes me want to try tea..... almost ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really different to your regular black teas!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts