Camp NaNoWriMo - Final Report


Camp NaNoWriMo reaches its conclusion this week, and with a combination of drafting and editing, I reached my total. Normally I'd reach it and keep going, but I really haven't had time.

One thing this Camp has taught me is that setting myself goals when I'm so busy at the day job isn't the best idea ever. I'm glad I hit my goal, but if I hadn't had the week off earlier in the month I wouldn't have and it would've been unnecessary stress. If you're really pressed for time, an event like this might not be right for you. NaNoWriMo can be an excellent motivator, but never be afraid to turn it down if it doesn't fit in with your lifestyle. Not everyone can crank out thousands upon thousands of words in a month. Everyone has their own writing method.

Can't say if I'll be doing the BIG NaNoWriMo this November. It's too early to tell. I'd like to, but I'll have to see where querying leads me this time ;)

Writing Music For The Week


Oh, my poor, poor main character. She is in sooooo much trouble... 

Tea reviews back next week!

Comments

  1. Honestly, I barely know anyone who's had success with #CampNaNo this year.... half my camp is struggling. I'm just failing entirely, but this month has been hella stressful so I'm basically pouring all my usual writing resources into weathering that storm instead. Next month will be better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you a way more chilled August!

      Yeah, life has turned into something of a nightmare lately, so I think a word count goal is a nutty thing to add to it. Just gonna do what I can when I can for August.

      Delete
    2. I hope you have a much more relaxed August as well! Here's hoping for atmospheric rainy days and lots of words written.

      Delete
    3. My fingers are crossed ^_^

      Yeees, raaaaaaaaaaaain! *commences rain dance*

      Delete
  2. Yeah, July somehow ended up being busy for me. o_O I'm supposed to be temporarily free now but I think I took on too many projects and got too excited at free time. And I had the genius idea of writing longhand and then transferring onto compute which took extra time. Still, was only about 10k off the target. We should all have our own mini August NaNo/Writing Sprints!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love writing long-hand. It's the only way I get anything done at work. Alas, it is more time consuming.

      Good luck with August!

      Delete
  3. I actually forgot I even signed up for this. o.O I think I met my goal, but my writing time's been scattered this month, too. I'm definitely not setting goals in August, either!

    *hurries off to update Camp NaNo goal* :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, whoops!

      Yeah, YALC was a bit of a wrench in the works, but well worth it ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts