Miss Cole's Tea Time - O'Sullivan's Favorite


Today's tea is another blend I picked up whilst in the US. Tin Roof Teas has such a brilliant range of breakfast teas, and O'Sullivan's Favorite is one of the best. I've had a few Irish breakfast teas in my time, but this one is definitely my favourite. As far as I can tell, it doesn't have any Darjeeling in the mix, which you find in a lot of Irish breakfast teas that give it the distinctive, and slightly floral, taste you don't find in other breakfast blends. It's why I'm a bit wary of Irish blends, but this focuses on the stronger element of a good breakfast tea, the kind that wakes you up first thing and gets you raring to write. And, like so many of Tin Roof's black blends, it is so smooth. I don't know how they take the maltiness of such strong teas and make them as relaxing as a Ceylon. Sure, it's got a great kick, but it's the kind of kick that makes me go "aaaaaaaaaaah that's a great cuppa!" first thing of a morning. It's a good tea to shake off the sleepiness and get to work on the day's writing.

Just take care not to use too much milk in this tea. You won't weaken the taste, you'll just make it really milky and a bit sickly. If the suggested brewing time of 4-5 minutes is too long, take it down to three minutes.

Any Irish breakfast teas you'd like to recommend?

Comments

  1. This looks delicious. I've never had Irish breakfast tea. I'm really slacking in my daily tea practice. I need to get back on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is tasty! A good one to get you back into tea drinking :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts