Writing Space Makeover!

Yes, after using the same desk for almost fourteen years, I finally managed to get my hands on a new one courtesy of my eldest brother.

I do love my old desk, but I outgrew it. As soon as I bought my external monitor last summer, my old desk was no longer big enough for all my stuff. I bought it when I was sixteen to study for my exams. Back then, I didn't own my own computer, so I didn't really think in terms of "I need to get a laptop and a sound system on here, and have space left to edit."

Clearly my sixteen-year-old self was short-sighted ;)

Before I could get the new desk in place, I had to empty my office. A terrifying amount of stuff came out. The room is (very roughly) nine feet squared, and had so much rubbish jammed in there. I still do, but I managed to get rid of one large bin bag and three recycling bags worth of accumulated junk. I also filled two bags for donations to charity, and I'm probably not done clearing out yet. I just ran out of energy ^^;

So, here's my new desk's current setup. I'm sure I'll adapt it as I get used to having ALL THIS SPACE.


IT'S SO PRETTY!

Expect more pictures in the future as find the best way to make use of the larger surface ;)

Comments

  1. Oooo, it looks so neat and pretty and productive! You did a fantastic job making it over! Hope it inspires many new stories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! :) I've wanted a bigger desk ever since I lived in university accommodation. So much more space there. On the other hand, I'd have to completely rearrange all my writing notebooks...

    Enjoy the new desk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a day to clear out what I had and another day to get the desk in and arranged the way I wanted it :) Time well spent.

      Delete
  3. Very nice! I'll probably get a new desk the next time I move b/c my current one is held together with tape and positive thoughts :) Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sounds like you deserve a new desk asap :)

      Delete
  4. I love it, Cole! Especially how nice and bright it is beside the window. Happy writing! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to not have my back to the window at last :) I don't feel like I'm shoved into a dark corner any more.

      Thanks! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts