Preparing For A Third Round Of Querying

Oh yes, it is nearly that time again. The new book will soon be ready, the query letter and the synopsis are coming together, and my spreadsheet of agents is filling up.

Ghost!Story, or Conspiracy of Echoes as it is better known, will soon be out there for agents to see.


But it's okay! The good thing about querying a third book is I now have two previous projects' worth of experience to fall back on. And, even better, a handful of agents who've requested fulls of my work before and I hope will be interested in something else I have to offer them.

I've got coping strategies in place. I know about the highs and the lows. I love the excitement and thrill of it all. I recognise the time to move on to the next project.

I am ready.

Bring it on. This time, things can only go better.


Comments

  1. It's a wearying process. But having agents who have previously requested fulls from you is a huge help. At least you know there's likely to be some friendly reception out there :)

    Also, kudos for using Gus and Shawn in a post :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a huge help. I hope it'll work out this time :D

      I am always looking for excuses to get them into posts.

      Delete
  2. Yay! And that title is awesome! :D

    Best of luck braving the query trenches for round three. :) Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Here's hoping third time is the charm.

      Delete
  3. Good luck! I'm still querying, but I'm revising like crazy to get my third MS ready if my current MS doesn't work out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and best of luck to you, too :D

      Delete
  4. Good luck out there :)
    I kind of liked the querying stage. It is the one time when you are truly completely in charge of the process. (When it comes to picking where and when to submit, that is!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Yeah, I like that control, too. But I'm excited to reach the next step. Hopefully this time it'll all work out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts