Miss Cole's Tea Time - Ceylon from Tin Roof Teas

When I was in the US back in March, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit Tin Roof Teas in North Carolina. They have such an amazing range of black teas on offer. I'm always so spoilt for choice when I go.

You'll find them in Cameron Village, just outside the centre of Raleigh, NC

I picked up a few old favourites and some new teas to try. Today's offering is one of their best Ceylon teas. I chose it because is had such a good aroma. Yes, just like coffee, teas have great smells, too. Next time you're not sure what blend to try, sniff it! This is a delicious tea, with a mellow taste that has just a tint of sharpness towards the end of each mouthful. I like it! Good for focus when one has a lot of editing to do.


You do have to be careful with the tea-to-milk ratio when you're drinking a Ceylon as it's very easy to over do the milk and drown out the taste, especially if you're used to stronger breakfast and Assam blends. To balance that out, brew the leaves for longer. Although, try not to over-brew, otherwise that mellow taste will become unpleasantly bitter, like all over-steeped teas.

Do you have a favourite editing tea?

Comments

  1. What a wonderful shop. I love my teas. I have a cupboard full of green teas, black teas and herb teas. This comes from being born in England. I even like the sound of the teaspoon after stirring, when I give it a little tap on the side of the tea cup to get the last drop of tea off. I like my tea very hot too, another English trait. My favorite black tea is English breakfast from WINN & LOVETT, with a dash of milk. I also like Earl Grey tea on occasion with its distinct aroma and taste. And at some point in the late afternoon I'll have green tea mixed with a ginger teabag, and a dash of organic raw honey. Ginger keeps the blood circulating and is also good for your stomach. (Smile) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shop well worth visiting or ordering online from for all your tea needs :)

      Delete
  2. I love the smell of those shops! It's always fun to pick out different teas (and have the shop person open the different types so one can take a sniff). I prefer Ceylon because it's a bit milder. Right now, I'm into white teas for writing time, but as the temperatures rise it will switch into ice tea with a touch of raspberry or lemon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do smell soooo good. So much tea available.

      Ceylon is a good mild tea. I find it so soothing.

      Delete
  3. I am super guilty of over-doing the milk in Ceylon teas. Right now, I'm on a caffeine-free editing tea kick because I edit so late at night. So it's flavoured rooibos like birthday cake rooibos, and green teas like cherry green sencha. I especially like the green teas because they re-steep well, and the 80 degree water means they're drinkable really fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get decaf Ceylons. Jing do one! Yeah, I have to be careful with the milk as I use it to cool the tea quickly.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts