Monthly Soundtrack Reviews: TRON:LEGACY

Soundtrack: TRON:Legacy
Album Art Source
Year: 2010
Composer: Daft Punk
Stand Out Track: Disc Wars
Works Well With: Science-Fiction, Action, Thrillers

At long last, we're getting to my favourite soundtrack of all time. 

It's so versatile, and every time I listen, I hear something new. Every time I pick it up, a different track will capture my imagination. Honestly, had I written this review a few months ago, my stand out track would have been a different piece. This score is just brilliant. It's really unique, and that's why I love it so much. Other soundtracks come close to beating it, but then I listen to this again and I remember why I love it so much. I just love the combination of traditional orchestral music and the electronic sounds Daft Punk are so famous for.

The Tron:Legacy soundtrack is a must own for any sci-fi writer. Even if you haven't seen the film, chances are you'll recognise the music from adverts and even the Sochi Olympics opening ceremony.  The electronic nature of this music will put you into a futuristic mindset. Tracks like Derezzed and The Grid are great to conjure up images of an urbanised future.

But this soundtrack isn't without its softer, more emotive side. Tracks like Father and Son, Solar Sailer, and Finale are just beautiful. Good for your story's tender moments. And Adagio for Tron and Nocturne will suit a tragic scene.  

Outlands (Part I and II) are great establishing pieces. Those dramatic strings pull you in. Imagine writing the fictional counterpart to such intense music. I think those pieces alone will inspire greatness in your writing.

If you love this OST, be sure to check out the amazing remix album, too, Tron:Legacy - R3C0NF1GUR3D. It's perfect if your story is action-packed. Want a taster? Try the remix of The Grid.

And should Tron 3 ever be made, I sincerely hope Daft Punk are behind the score. I need more music like this in my life.

Comments

  1. Yesssss! You know how much I love this soundtrack already. The remix album has been indispensable to me for writing as well. Both of these set the tone for the trilogy I just finished and I honestly don't know if I could've written it without them. Nice review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you as I wrote this ;) They are brilliant scores with so much packed in. Can't get enough.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts