What's Up Wednesday

Join in the fun at Jaime and Erin's blogs :D

What I'm Reading

Today is Emma Adams' release day! HOORAY FOR ADAMANT! :D Check out her post, with links for purchase, here! If you like your spec fic to have action, adventure and a good mystery, you totally need to pick up her book ^_^

What I'm Writing

The third edit BEGINS!!!! :O And here's where my desk really groans because I needed another screen, which means I needed my old laptop, which I really don't have room for but had to have so... er...

I managed to get all the easy edits out the way over the weekend, so now I'm fixing particular scenes. I'll sort out the characterisation issues during another read through. I'd like to be back to paper edits in time for my flight out to the US, but I'm not sure I've got the time for that. That won't stop me from doing my best!


What Works For Me

My totally awesome team of beta readers who all win at life? Yeah ;)

Also, MUSIC! :D


If you like your music to have epic choirs, you have to listen to Answers.


What Else Is New

Due to edits, day job obligations and then a holiday (WOO HOO!!!!!), this is the last WuW I'll be taking part in 'til April. My blog's updates might be a little more sporadic until then, too, but I will return! I hope the remainder of March treats you all very well ^_^

Comments

  1. *SO* impressed by your editing skills. I need to figure out my system... right now my system is 'right, I have amazing comments to work with... I should work on them.... I'm gonna become irrationally afraid of this redraft (EVEN THOUGH I KNOW IT'S GOING TO BE AWESOME WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME) and run away from it forever'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to adjust my system this time because I'm really focusing on character edits, so I'm reading it through again earlier than I normally would.

      You can do it!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with those edits and have a great March! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome way to edit. I might have to try it with hubs desk top.
    Good luck with your edits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's helpful to have multiple screens.

      Delete
  4. I love the way you edit :) And congrats on all the progress! Have a wonderful wonderful holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout-out! :D Best of luck with all those edits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting to the next editing round! Hope you enjoy your holiday, it's always nice to get away for a bit, =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best of luck with the rest of your busy month -- we'll miss your WUW posts! Happy editing, Cole. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall return!!!! *tosses cape over shoulder dramatically* Adieu!

      Delete
  8. Good luck with your edits! It's always handy to have more than one computer around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I see bobbleheads on your desk! I just got my first one--Buffy. :)

    Your multiscreen action there is pretty cool. Scrivner is great for side-by-side stuff. My screens are a complicated looking view when I'm revising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ My collection is sure to grow ;)

      I tried having all the windows on one screen, but the text is too small, so multiple screens was the way to go!

      Delete
  10. Way to go on all your edits and good luck with the rest. Have a happy March!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on getting to the third round! And betas are so important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So important. I don't know where I'd be without mine.

      Delete
  12. We will miss you over your short break! Return to us soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will return in April, promise ^_^

      Delete
  13. Good luck with edits! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoot third edit. Good luck. Enjoy your holiday. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with your edits, and have so much fun on vacation! Welcome back to the U.S.! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta! And thank you. One day I hope to get back out west again ^_^ California calls my name.

      Delete
  16. Good luck getting to those paper edits, and congrats on getting through another round! Hope you have a wonderful time on vacation! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo, have fun on your trip! And safe travels! Good luck with your revisions!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts