What's Up Wednesday

Join in with What's Up Wednesday at Jaime and Erin's blogs. Ah, you know you want to! Go for it :D

What I'm Reading

I finished CLAMP's Magic Knight Rayearth, so I'm taking a short manga break while I wait to get hold of new versions of Cardcaptor Sakura. This week I'm really focusing on research, so it's back to the Victorian era for me.

What I'm Writing

My beta readers are sending their thoughts my way, so right now I'm making lots of notes about what needs work before I start to fix it. I've never sent out a second draft before, so it's been quite enlightening to do so. Normally I feel like a book isn't ready for other eyes until the fourth or fifth version, but with this story (still don't have a title ^^;;), I felt I needed other opinions a lot sooner. And I'm really glad I did, because now I can really make this book amazing.

Taxi mafias and all, right, Emma? ;)

What Works For Me

My "ticking over" writing. It kept me creating, and while only a little bit of what I wrote may make it into another book, I'm glad I was able to explore the idea without the pressure of "this is a book that MUST BE WRITTEN!!!!" I knew in my gut it wasn't working, but being able to try it out anyway was quite liberating.

And, of course, stickers ;)

What Else Is New

I made it into Pitch Madness! :O I still can't believe it! When I saw Colony come up during the draft on Sunday, I gasped out loud. I still can't believe it ^_^ And everyone's entries were so amazing. If you want to read the first 250 words of Colony, you'll find them here! I highly recommend reading all of them. The talent on offer is astonishing. I am so honoured to be a part of it.

Oooh, and if you're in the UK, be sure to tune into Classic FM at 10am for the rest of this week so you can hear tracks from the amazing Final Symphony album. It's magnificent!

Comments

  1. Congrats on getting into Pitch Madness! :D

    I always love hearing other people talk about their work when they know they're onto something special. Good luck with your next draft when you get to it, I'm sure you can make your WIP amazing!

    Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congrats on Pitch Madness! These contests are always full of amazing writing, so getting in is definitely worth celebrating, =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big congrats on Pitch Madness -- what an awesome accomplishment! Also, your February calendar looks so pretty and colorful. So many stickers! Have a wonderful week, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, I love your first 250! Wishing you all the luck with Pitch Madness! Go, COLONY! :D The sticker thing is still working for me too. I bought myself little red dots. Happy little red dots because they mean WORDS. Have a great week, Cole! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I was lucky enough to receive requests! Go COLONY, yay!

      Stickers are the best. Go you!

      Delete
  5. Yay for getting into Pitch Madness! :D I really like the opening, too!

    I'm enjoying experimenting with new ideas without the pressure of needing to finish a draft. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Same here. And now I know what's the right way to go with this idea. Hooray :D

      Delete
  6. Congrats on Pitch Madness!

    I love seeing all those stickers lined up. :) Love the cute little planet ones on there. I've got Hello Kitty mixed with glitter stars right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Can't go wrong with Hello Kitty ;)

      Delete
  7. I knew I recognized that title! That is amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TAXI MAFIAAAAs. Super excited to see what title you come up with for Ghost Story. "#GhostBoy"? ;)

    Pitch Madness is sooo exciting, congratulations. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on making it into Pitch Madness!! That's fantastic!

    And glad the sticker method is working for you. I keep seeing writers talking about this. I might have to try it soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D

      You must. Jooooiiiin uuuuuuus!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on Pitch Madness! Your calendar looks fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on making it into Pitch Madness! I've seen a few mentions of COLONY on twitter! Hope you get lots of requests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Thank you! I managed three :D Yay!

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on getting into Pitch Madness! How exciting. :) Your sticker system looks so awesome. What a great motivator. Great way to look back and feel great about your accomplishments, too! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great motivator and I definitely recommend it.

      Delete
  13. Congrats on making it into Pitch Madness!!! Awesome! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations once again on making it into Pitch Madness - it's so exciting :D
    And glad that you're having fun with some writing while everyone is reading your amazing story, haha. Sounds good :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Very exciting :D

      Yeah, leaving the hard work to everyone else for a little while ;)

      Delete
  15. Congrats on making it into Pitch Madness!!! That is fantastic! And the stickers are adorable. I might have to try stickers. :)

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^

      Can't recommend stickers enough. So good for morale.

      Delete
  16. Congrats on getting into pitch madness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post is filled with so much good stuff - good stuff on the writing, good stuff on the PITCH MADNESS WOO! Congratulations! I hope it's all up from here.

    I know how you feel about the book not being ready for others to read until the 4th or 5th version. I feel so bad asking betas to read it when I know I'll be changing it, but I need their help! Sounds like you made the right choice there too.

    Stickers rock. Who says kids get to have all the fun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So do I ^_^

      My beta readers, as always, have done a phenomenal job of giving me great suggestions. I'm lucky to have them.

      Delete
  18. Congratulations on getting into Pitch Madness!

    I love the sticker method. It drives me crazy to see days without stickers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      So do I, so it forces me to do something every day.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts