Camp NaNoWriMo


It's nearly time for Camp NaNoWriMo once again. Unlike November's NaNoWriMo, Camp's real draw for me is the ability to set my own goal. I'm exploring an idea that might work, that's why my goal is a modest 10k. Not only that, but as soon as my current WiP is back from beta readers, it will become my primary focus once again. Camp for me is an exercise rather than a way create an entire first draft.

In some ways, I like the idea of Camp NaNo more than the full-blown NaNoWriMo. It's not as strict, and if the idea doesn't work out, at least I'll have 10k that might be something in the future. And it's good to keep ticking over between projects. I have dealt with post-big project writer's block, and I am very keen to avoid it. Hence all the experimentation. Throw some ideas at a wall and see what sticks.

So, to all of my fellow Campers, GOOD LUCK! Don't pressure yourselves too hard. Do your thing, and don't worry about what others are doing.

If you want to follow my progress, my camper page is here!

Comments

  1. Good luck! :) I'll probably join in when the workload's a little less crazy. :P I'm hoping to get into a new project (or revisit an old one). It's hard to leave a series behind, but it'll be nice to get away from the edits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Definitely* good to be away from edits.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck! :) I'm tentatively taking part in Camp NaNo with a goal of 10,000 words, too. I must admit I find Camp NaNo much more enjoyable than NaNo, too; I really like being able to set my own goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Best of luck to you with your goal ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts