What's Up Wednesday!

Wednesday is upon us again. Why don't you join in Jaime and Erin's What's Up Wednesday? :D

What I'm Reading

For research, I'm reading The Place of Enchantment: British Occultism and the Culture of the Modern by Alex Owen. It's really interesting, but quite heavy-going, so I'm also reading Debt of Honor by Tom Clancy.

What I'm Writing

I finished my first round of edits last Friday. Hooray! I'm currently making notes while engaging in further research. I'll start line edits within the next fortnight.

What Works For Me

Using my calender to keep track of progress. January was an extremely productive month, and having a visual reference for that is really cool!


What Else I'm Up To

After playing the Silent Hills trailer at the weekend, I really want to intensify the horror in my WiP. Anybody else played PT? I haven't finished it yet, but it's so intense. The build up is terrifying as you go around and around the house, with subtle little changes happening each cycle. Well, I say subtle. That first scare isn't so subtle :P AND WHAT IS THAT THING IN THE SINK AAAAAAAAAAAAARGH?!?!?!?!?! Ahem! I'm hoping to finish it at my brother's this weekend. In true Silent Hill style, I'm sure I'll be sleeping with a light and a radio on that night :P

Comments

  1. Congrats on finishing those edits, and on all that progress you made in January - it looks like you're doing great! :D I have not played PT (I'm not a gamer in the slightest) but by the sounds of things I never will be; I'd never sleep again!

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^

      Yeah, PT is one of the scariest gaming experiences of my life.

      Delete
  2. Miss Cole, May I say that I'm a bit envious of your sticker chart. Clearly, you are the teacher's pet this month! Congrats on the first draft.

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stickers! Looks like January was a productive month! I've never actually played Silent Hill, but the soundtrack is a great backdrop to writing creepy scenes. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soundtracks are a horror writer's best friend.

      Delete
  4. Hooray for finishing edits. That sticker chart looks awesome. Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing your first round of edits! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing edits! I'll have to listen to that soundtrack, love music that's great for atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Silent Hill is full of atmospheric music. Be afraiiiiid!

      Delete
  7. Yay for finishing that first round of edits! :D You know, I'm thinking I might have to start posting a calendar with my progress on it. That might boost my motivation/inspiration. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should. I find it so motivating. I want to do something EVERY DAY ;)

      Delete
  8. LOL! I love when a story has some good horror in it. I know not all people like that, but talk about amazing tension...

    Way to get through your edits! You deserve some cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on finishing your round of edits! That's awesome! You know, I keep track of my word count on these random lists sprinkled throughout my WIP notebook, but your sticker calendar looks far more motivational. I might have to give that a go sometime! Have a super week, Cole! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all about the calendar. Once you start, you won't want to stop.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on finishing the edits and it looks like you had a very productive month - well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on finishing the edits! Love the calendar- it's so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That calendar is wonderful. It makes me feel like writing far more than anything else in this room of mine makes me feel like writing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great motivator. "I must earn my stickers today!" :D

      Delete
  13. Congrats on working those edits through and that calendar is pretty cool. the occultism book sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very interesting book. Just veeeery academic, so it's drier than I'm used to.

      Delete
  14. Congrats on finish your first round of edits! This project just seems to have poured out of you (which is totally understandable since it sounds so awesome!)
    Your calendar is looking outstanding! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Hopefully I'll be e-mailing it to you quite soon!

      Delete
  15. Your calendar looks amazing! I have never been very good at "tracking"... anything. But if I were to end up with a calendar like that! Well, I might have to consider it. :) Have a great week and don't scare yourself too badly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a lot of fun to do :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts