Miss Cole's Tea Time: Fortnum and Mason's Empire Tea

Today's tea is another of my Christmas gifts, and it is delicious! Very strong, good for morning and afternoon, the Empire Blend brings together teas from India, Sri Lanka and East Africa. And look at how pretty the tea caddy is!


Definitely a keeper. I really love Fortnum's tea caddies. I've had a few over the years, but this is by far the most beautiful. They have a whole series of artistic caddies filled with heritage tea blends, and I will definitely choose another when my tea collection requires topping up.

This tea requires a longer brewing time to really gain the full flavour. It's malty and invigorating first thing in the morning or during an afternoon lull, and you don't want to lose that. I recommend four minutes for brewing to really get the best taste from the leaves. I've experimented with a shorter brewing time, and it just lacks the kick this tea has, which is exactly what I want first thing in the morning. I've been getting up earlier lately to work on edits, so I've needed a good tea to wake me up. This is definitely it.

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, that caddy is SO BEAUTIFUL. O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :D And the tea within is so delicious!

      Delete
  2. Something I've tried to find out - do you add milk to this tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, yes. I like milk with my tea. But you can definitely drink it without. When I drink black tea without milk, I tend to brew it for a shorter time so the taste isn't overpowering.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts