What's Up Wednesday! HELLO 2015!!!!

Hooray, it's the first What's Up Wednesday of 2015!!!! :D Not joined in before? Make 2015 the year you sign up for Jaime and Erin's brilliant weekly bloghop!

What I'm Reading

Non-fiction. A LOT of Victorian-related non-fiction. 

What I'm Writing (+1 goal)

A shiny new idea struck right before Christmas, when I was about halfway through my read-through of MagicalGirl!Story. I must admit I had to force myself through the remaining chunk of that so I could sit down and really dedicate myself to this new book.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I, Cole Burke, am writing contemporary.

O_O

And in a lovely notebook with a shiny pen!

Okay, so it's a contemporary ghost story with ties to the Victorian era (hence the reading material ;)), but there's not a scrap of my usual science-fiction to be found. AND I COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED!!!! I haven't studied the Victorian era for years, and I certainly never learned about their fascination with mediums and the like, so this is really engaging. I'm even looking into rejoining my old university's library so I have more access to academic texts.


Goal for the Week: Hit 35k

What Works For Me

As lovely as Christmas and my birthday were, it's nice to get back into the swing of my everyday life. The start of a new year fills me with hope and excitement. I have a lot I want to achieve.
2015, you are my year.

What Else Is New

Besides getting back to the day job, sending out my first round of queries for the year, and reading about Victorian occultism? Not a whole lot... YET.

Comments

  1. I LOVE the sound of your project!!! Keep sharing, please :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This new project sounds so exciting! Best of luck with it! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been killing it on the new project, too. You are knocking those words out! I also am working on a contemporary ghost story--though no Victorian era involved :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      To ghost stories, cheers :D

      Delete
  4. Yay on your shiny new idea! And a contemporary at that :)

    Have fun writing and researching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read your book lol. That sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll have the chance someday.

      Delete
  6. Oh, a ghost story! AND ties to the Victorian era. That sounds awesome. I'm a huge ghost story fan. Good luck!

    My WuW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's really cool, Cole! It's always nice to switch gears and write something completely different. Your story idea sounds fascinating! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and birthday. Best of luck hitting that 35K mark! And with querying! (Fingers crossed for you.) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think changing genres every now and then is a good way to keep things fresh. I'm really enjoying the challenges it's bringing.

      Thanks, Jaime!

      Delete
  8. Your shiny new idea sounds awesome! I love that you're into sci-fi and the Victorian era. Me too. Hope all the research is going well and that 2015 continues to be an exciting and productive year for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your BRANDNEWIDEA. Those are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. They certainly are awesome.

      Delete
  10. Uh, your current project sounds amazing! Best of luck with it, and with querying. Hope you have exciting news to share soon. Happy New Year, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with the new project - it sounds great! The Victorian era is brilliant when it comes to the occult and spiritualism, they really were fascinated by it. :)

    Happy New Year, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were, which is fascinating to me right now ^_^

      Delete
  12. Love the sound of your new WIP! Have fun writing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new project sounds very exciting. Can be adventure to try out a new genre, but an awesome one. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your shiny new idea sounds fantastic! Happy belated birthday and best of luck with your queries! Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The New idea sounds amazing! Definitely a book I would buy :)
    Happy New Year - I hope it's a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooo I do enjoy reading about the Victorians. Good luck with project

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoy your shiny new idea! It sounds amazing and fun, so soak that feeling up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hooray for shiny new ideas! My current WIP is set in the Victorian Era too, and man they were in to all sorts of weird stuff. Had a ton of fun researching as well.

    Have a great week! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weren't they? I'm loving all the stuff I'm reading. I always get so disappointed though when a medium is proved to be faking it. I totally want them to be real :P

      Delete
  19. I LOVE the Victorian Era. Almost as much as I love the Middle Ages (and I love the Middle Ages A LOT.) Hopefully you're enjoying your research, and writing your new idea too, of course :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts