What's Up Wednesday and Advent Day Three :D

Greetings, all, to both What's Up Wednesday, hosted by Jaime and Erin, and Day Three of my musical advent calendar!

What I'm Reading

I finished Blue Lily, Lily Blue. I liked it, still not as much as the first though. For me, books 2 and 3 haven't quite recaptured the urgency of The Raven Boys. That being said, I definitely like this series and shall impatiently await the fourth.


Then I read 172 Hours On The Moon and this book is amazing. One of the best YA SF books out there. Creepy and compelling. I highly recommend it.

Now I'm working my way through another of the Jack Reacher novels.

What I'm Writing (+ one goal)

Progress continues to be slow. I'm still in the process of bridging the gap I created, while editing what I can keep.

My goal for the week is to keep on keepin' on. It's a bit hard to set anything more specific than that because I don't quite know how the rest of this edit will go...

What Works For Me

Gritting my teeth and carrying on, even when the pace is glacial.

What Else I'm Up To

November 29th was my two year violin anniversary! Wow :D 

I'm gaming plenty right now, too. Working my way through the Uncharted series, to stop myself from playing Kingdom Hearts before Christmas ^^; The first game was pretty meh, but I liked it enough to trust my friend's recommendation to play the second one, and he's right. It's waaaay better.

And it kinda got me thinking. I wonder what my virtual body count is. Like, in all the games I have ever played, how many baddies have I killed? The score must be in the hundreds of thousands by now...

Er, achievement unlocked? ^^;;


And now, for the third day of my Advent Calendar, something less whimsical, but no less inspiring. Because if there's a composer you can't go wrong with, it's Hans Zimmer. And I really love the grandeur of Time, how it slowly builds into its finale.

Direct link here

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

  1. I can't believe Time is your advent calendar song today! I've been listening to it over and over this week. Such a gorgeous piece of music! I almost mentioned it in my WUW post but stuck with talking about Audiomachine instead. Darn! That would've been quite the coincidence!

    Keep plugging away even if the pace seems slow! I get you on finding it tough to set a goal. Most times I have no clue how much writing I will or won't be able to fit in, which makes it tricky. Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ Clearly we both have a great taste in music ;)

      It does make it tricky. This time of year is always hectic, but I know I can always squeeze something in.

      Delete
  2. Ah, I love your Christmassy blog theme! :D I'm glad to hear 172 Hours on the Moon is a good read, it's on my TBR. :)

    Keep on keeping on and have a great week, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like to have a festive blog ^_^

      It's a fantastic book! I highly recommend it :D

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the keeping on! Good idea not setting a goal for edits -- I set a 'do 50 pages goal' and ended up spending a week chopping scenes and replacing them with stronger ones. Good progress, but my goal is glaring at me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Editing is such an unknown, because I thought (as always) this would be a simple line-edit phase, but it's turned into a hefty rewrite instead. Oh well!

      Delete
  4. Love the Christmas blog theme, by the way! It's super cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the blog theme! Virtual body count? Lol. Mine's probably higher than my fictional character body count, and that's saying a lot. :P

    I find it hard to measure edit progress because some chapters can take several days to edit! Keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Oh, mine is way higher than my fictional body count.

      Exactly, and right now I seem to be deleting more than keeping, so who knows where I'll be this time next week :)

      Delete
  6. "Gritting my teeth and carrying on, even when the pace is glacial." <-- Ha! Yes, this totally!

    Your blog looks so cute and festive, Cole -- love it! Hope you have an awesome week, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ I'll get there eventually!

      Thanks, Katy! Same to you.

      Delete
  7. Whoa, you're doing a musical Advent calendar?! That's epic. :) And, like you, I'm in the grit my teeth and carry on phase right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, and I'm really enjoying setting the posts up. There's some great music to come this month.

      Delete
  8. I've never read 172 HOURS ON THE MOON mainly because, from the description, it has loads of similarities to my one WiP (if you sub Mars in for the moon). I have wondered about it, though. I might have to check it out now!

    Happy violin anniversary! Very cool. Good luck as you grit your teeth and push forward on your edits, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! It's a great book. Not at all what I expected, so I was thoroughly surprised in a good way :D

      Cheers!

      Delete
  9. Blog looks lovely, =)

    That's awesome about the violin anniversary! Such a fantastic instrument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^

      The violin is wonderful.

      Delete
  10. Good luck with editing this week and you now have a very festive blog ;-) also THANK YOU for not loving The Raven Boys series--I feel like the only one sometimes. <3 I loved Book 1 but couldn't get into Book 2 :( I haven't bothered with book 3. I decided I'll wait until Book 4 is out to read everything at once…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You're welcome. Yeah, I like them, but I don't love the second two. The second book especially felt like filler, although I was intrigued. The third book does move the plot along more, but I'm hoping the fourth one is as punchy as the first.

      Delete
  11. I'm enjoying your musical advent calendar. Awesome song choices today.

    My name is Melanie, and I also don't love The Raven Boys series, though I am reading it... perhaps we should start a support group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you like it :D I'm having fun putting it together for everyone.

      LOL, maybe we should ;)

      Delete
  12. Keep on keeping' on! That is the writer's motto!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, I think that's a funny question about how many virtual baddies you've killed! I don't think I ever have! Maybe I should start?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay for gritting your teeth despite a glacial pace. :) That's where I really run into trouble. I hit a glacial pace and then I'm binge watching Netflix instead of writing. Ugh! Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm known for binge-watching too, but I'm determined to get this edit done, so I gotta keep on.

      Delete
  15. Hah! "Virtual body count"...too funny!

    And yeah, glacial pace is still progress. So go you for keepin' on! *send chocolate to aid your efforts*

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) My virtual body count is probably preeeetty terrifying...

      Thanks! YAY CHOCOLATE!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts