What's Up Wednesday and Advent Calendar Day Ten!

Hi again, everyone! It's time for Jaime and Erin's What's Up Wednesday ^_^

What I'm Reading

Good question! The last Jack Reacher book I read was really underwhelming. It's the closest I've come to DNFing a book in that series. Next week I should have an answer for this ;)

What I'm Writing (+1 goal)

After deleting yet another massive chunk of text from Magical Girl!Story, I am finally back to line edits. Can't say when this draft will be finished, but I'm getting there! I feel a lot happier with how the finale of this story is going now.

Goal for this week? Oh, you already know! Keep on keeping on!

What Works For Me

Positive thinking :D I'm channelling my inner Kinomoto Sakura ;) "Everything will be alright."


What Else I'm Up To


Other than gaming, I took part in #PitMad and #SFFpit and I scored a few favourites! :D Yay! Other than fulfilling some of those requests, I'm holding off more querying now 'til January.

PREPARE YOURSELVES, AGENTS, FOR MY AWESOME BOOK!

Mwaaahahahahahahahahahhaaaaaa!!!!

^_^

And now, it's Day Ten of my musical advent calendar :D Today, I've chosen a piece from a composer I love, Nobuo Uematsu. Sometimes, to really appreciate a piece of music, you have to hear it live. And I don't think I appreciated the heart-wrenching beauty of Zanarkand until I went to Distant Worlds.

(Direct link here)

It's just so beautiful. Whether or not you've played the game (or, in my case, even if you don't like the game), there is something so haunting and tragic about this piece. It's grown on me a lot lately.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Comments

  1. Wooo! Congratulations on the #PitMad and #SFFpit favourites! Good luck! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really enjoying your musical advent calendar. Thank you so much for sharing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! Plenty more to come yet ^_^

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the favorites at #PitMad and #SFFpit! I found my agent through PitMad….or did she find ME through it? hehe. And good luck getting ready to query in January! fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome :D Thanks! I'll be sure to let you all know if I get the good news ;)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your success in the contests! I've participated in a few Pitch Madness and Pitch Wars contests over the years, ands would like to continue, even though I've chosen the indie path for myself. It couldn't hurt to at least try other pathways just to make sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ And yes, you should definitely give it a go :)

      Delete
  5. Editing is the worst! If I could only draft my books and send them off, I'd be happy, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sure would make life easier. Thanks for following!

      Delete
  6. Yay for #PitMad and #SFFpit success -- so excited for you, Cole! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! Congrats on the favorites!! :) best feeling! and ugh, I cant get through Lee Child's books! My grandma keeps telling me to read them but I always DNF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I really like his books usually, but this one just didn't do it for me.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the #PitMad and #SFFPit favourites, Cole! I hope very good things come from this. Good luck with your line edits too. And here's hoping for a better week of reading for both of us! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D

      Yup, here's hoping this total lack of reading doesn't last.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations on the requests, and best of luck! And yay for writing progress! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your PitMad and SFFPit requests! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good job on those pitches! Hope you get the answers you want from those agents!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep up the editing! I love the idea of a musical advent calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with the querying! Glad to hear you got some requests from your pitches, and I hope you get some exciting news back on those! Another great music selection today too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I hope so, too.

      Glad you liked the music ^_^

      Delete
  14. I'm loving the song! Good luck on the querying!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you love the music. It's beautiful.

      Thanks! :D

      Delete
  15. Good luck with the edits and querying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good luck with your line edits and your querying. Have a great week and a great holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the favorites! And good luck with edits. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the pitching success! Those mini-contests are awesome, eh? Positive thinking is definitely a great to keep motivated. Good luck, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, and so exciting :D

      Delete
  19. Yay! Congrats on your requests through pitmad and sff! Cutting out huge chunks of MS during editing hurts. I cringe every time. But sounds like you're heading along well. Forward bound! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^

      Yeah, part of me's like "aaah, I'm creating so much more work, but it has to be done!" but I know it's going to make for a better book.

      Delete
  20. Congrats of the favorites! And the "prepare yourselves agents..." part made me laugh out loud.

    Keep on keeping on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sakurrraaa! <3 Congratulations on the favourites, that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emma :D

      Sakura is too cute ^_^

      Delete
  22. Glad to hear you're happy with how your story's going now. You can do it, just keep on keeping on and best of luck with those edits! :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Way to go on those favorites. Keep it up. Best of luck to your line edits. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts