Miss Cole's Musical Advent Calendar! Day Twelve

The more I play the violin, the more I love to explore classical music. I've had a lot of favourite pieces over the years, and I really enjoy giving them a go myself. One of my favourites to play is Debussy's Clair de lune. However, as much as I like playing it, what I really enjoy is listening to a talented pianist play it, because it is just so soothing and relaxing. If you need to let go of your day job before you write, or if you've got characters who are in a very mellow, dreamy headspace, you cannot go wrong with this music. It possesses the kind of beauty that can move you to tears. It's just sublime.

Direct link here

Comments

  1. One of the most beautiful pieces ever written! Chopin is also super-satisfying to play on the violin, even if his works were originally written for piano:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E6b3swbnWg

    Adam (Citizen Meh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a beautiful piece of music... although I totally associate it with Bioshock Infinite now ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts