What's Up Wednesday

Hello again everyone. It's time to join in Jaime and Erin's What's Up Wednesday :D

What I'm Reading

Finished the newest addition to the Young Bond series, Shoot to Kill. The series has been passed over to author Steve Cole, and he's doing a great job. I loved the old Hollywood setting for the new book. I hope the next book is a bit longer though. Blasted through this one so fast, I just had to re-read my favourite in the series, Double or Die. And now I'm going back to Silverfin because I love it too... Although I shall have to be gentle as the book is falling apart...

Gosh, is that a good reason to buy the whole set with the new covers or what?!

What I'm Writing

Editing has turned back into writing as my main character was crying out for some major development. Progress continues to be slow. My working life is quite busy at the moment.

What Works For Me

Music, as always. After going to a Distant Worlds concert the other week, I've been very inspired, both as a writer and as a violinist.

What Else I'm Up To

Went to London on Sunday to hang out with Emma and Sophie. It was great, and it's always so good to hang out with fellow writers, readers and bloggers ^_^ Can't wait for our next meet up in 2015, and Laura, you'll be there too :D

Comments

  1. Ooooo - Old Hollywood + Bond = sign me up! Thanks for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ You're very welcome. The entire series is well worth reading :D

      Delete
  2. Had a wonderful time on Sunday!! Bring on the next meet up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old Hollywood sounds like a groovy setting for a book.

    Good luck with your editing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old Hollywood….ooh I am intrigued. Good luck with your editing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunday was so much fun! I can't wait to meet up again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to meet up with fellow writers! And good luck with those edits. I'm sure your character loves the attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope she does, although she is undergoing quite the personality transplant ;)

      Delete
  7. Best of luck with your character development! :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you on the slow progress. Hope the character development is going well, even if it's painstaking at times, and that work settles down so you can treat yourself to more writing time! Have a super week, Cole! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painstaking is definitely the right word, but I think I'm getting there ^_^

      Hope it's a super week for you, too, Erin.

      Delete
  9. That's fantastic that you got to meet up with Emma and Sophie. I would love to hang with more writer types. I imagine that's not only fun but inspiring. Good luck with your WiP and the character development. Here's hoping you have more time for writing soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely inspiring. It's great to talk to people who just get it, you know?

      Thanks, Jaime!

      Delete
  10. Good luck with your character development and your edits. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always shocked and disturbed when editing turns into writing new scenes. You'd think I would be used to it by now. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, I know what you mean. You think a draft just needs tidying, and then the plot makes a new set of demands...

      Delete
  12. I love that you were able to meet up with writer friends in London -- so fun! I feel very luck to have a YA writing friend in my town. I can't imagine not being able to meet with her for coffee to talk books. :-) Have a wonderful week, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely great to have like-minded people nearby to share your experiences with.

      Delete
  13. Progress is progress, I say! And meeting up with fellow writers must be so great. I wish I had writer friends that lived in my area. Good luck with your edits and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts