What's Up Wednesday - So, About That Time I Drove A Bus

Hello everyone! It's time for another What's Up Wednesday, hosted by Jaime and Erin ^_^

What I'm Reading

Another Jack Reacher book down ;) It's going to be very weird when I actually have to *wait* for these books to be published :P I still don't think I'll catch up until early next year though...

What I'm Writing Editing

Still working my way through line edits of Magical Girl!Story. I think I might be here a while. Life has gotten so busy lately, and it doesn't show much sign of letting up ^^; I managed to get some done while in Scotland, but the working week before that was just crazy, so I lost a few days there. Progress will be slow and steady for this one.

What Works For Me

Travelling. I had an amazing time in Scotland last week, spending time with my brother and sister-in-law, as well as hiring a car and driving myself around the Highlands. The fangirl in me is SO HAPPY because I drove the road featured in Skyfall! :D Here's a few photos!

Eilean Donan

Glenfinnan Viaduct on the Jacobite steam train

Urquhart Castle

One of the many amazing views from the A82

What Else I'm Up To

So, yeah, on Saturday our local bus company here in Brighton put on a test drive day for women drivers as part of a diversifying the workforce campaign. I had a lot of fun. I mean, check out the two vehicles I had a chance to drive!


I drove a 10ft double-decker. It was so much fun, although you probably don't want me driving buses through slalom courses ^^; Oh, the poor cones! I reverse-parked the 12ft single-decker, too, and drove a figure of 8. I'm so grateful to Brighton and Hove Bus company for the opportunity because, as a writer, experiences like that are likely to find their way into my fiction. Man, I can't wait to come up with an excuse to have a character drive a bus.

Have a great week everyone ^_^

Comments

  1. It looks like you've been having awesome adventures lately, Miss Cole! I haven't read the Jack Reacher books yet, but I think I'm going to get them for my husband as his "something to read" gift this Christmas.

    Hope you're having a great week!

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jack Reacher books are well worth reading. I definitely enjoy them ^_^

      Thanks, have a great week yourself!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That all sounds amazing! (Although... I would be terrified to drive a bus. I have trouble enough telling where the end of a small car is, forget something that long)

    Have a wonderful week! :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My car is so small it could park *inside* the bus, but it sure was fun :D

      Delete
  3. Love the photos! Scotland is awesome. Sounds like you had a fun bus-driving experience, too! (I admit I'd probably be terrified... then again, I also have an irrational fear of driving in general!) Best of luck with the line edits! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, driving's easy once you know how ;)

      Scotland is awesome. Just so beautiful up there.

      Delete
  4. Scotland is beautiful, I really need to go back. It sounds like you had a lovely time there. :)

    Haha, sounds like you had a lot of fun driving those buses! :D Good luck with your editing, and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go back ASAP as well. So beautiful.

      Delete
  5. That all sounds awesome and wow Scotland is gorgeous. love the pics here, Miss Cole! Sounds like you had a great weekend and good luck with your editing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures! So glad you had a nice time in Scotland. Hope the editing goes swimmingly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thank you! I'm only a teency bit jealous you live surrounded by all that natural wonder ;)

      Delete
  7. So cool you were able to drive buses! Many cones would suffer if I attempted that.

    Scotland is gorgeous, glad you had a great time on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um... I'd be super scared to drive that double-decker bus! I'm impressed that you managed! Also, your Scotland photos are beautiful. I can totally see why traveling is inspiring to you. Have a wonderful week, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot easier than it looks :D And a lot of fun, too!

      Thanks, Katy. Have a great one yourself :D

      Delete
  9. I'd be terrified to drive any bus. It was challenging enough when I had to drive a huge mini-van/small truck last summer at camp, taking some girls to swimming in the camp director's vehicle.

    I love the picture of the castle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful place to visit ^_^ Very atmospheric and inspiring.

      Delete
  10. Those pictures are so lovely - Scotland is at the top of my must see places. I'm so impressed that you drove a double-decker! And that without tipping :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I didn't tip it! I think it would've taken some speed and bad driving to do that. They're very sturdy.

      Delete
  11. Those pictures are beautiful! I want to go to Scotland so so much. And good job with the driving- that takes some guts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D

      Scotland is well worth visiting, especially in the autumn. The colours across the landscape were amazing.

      Delete
  12. oh man, I wish i could travel more. It definitely gets those creative juices flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your pics of Scotland! So jealous. That's one place I definitely one to visit one day and I'd love to take my mom who's always wanted to go. She's a Campbell so she wants to visit her Scottish roots. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you both get the chance one day soon :)

      Delete
  14. That's awesome! My mom drives gravel trains but I could still never imagine driving anything that huge. Gorgeous pictures. I really want to see Scotland someday. I'm totally jealous too. :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I'm still fascinated by double-decker buses. I ride the bus all the time, so I have so much respect for people who can turn those things without hitting another car. Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly have a new appreciation of double-deckers and their drivers now I've given it a go ;)

      Delete
  16. Your Scotland photos are amazing. I'm so very jealous. Glad you enjoyed your time there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, wow, that would be so cool to get to drive a double-decker! And yes, having a character do that would be cool as well. Gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Seriously, I am looking for ANY excuse to get a character behind the wheel ;)

      Delete
  18. There is no way I could drive that bus. I'm impressed. And your travel photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really would be surprised at how easy it is :) And thank you!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts