What's Up Wednesday :D

Hello Wednesday! Time to take part in Jaime and Erin's What's Up Wednesday :D

What I'm Reading

Finished Department 19 by Will Hill. This was a strange one for me, because there were parts I loved and parts I really didn't. I'm in two minds about reading further into the series, because it's quite rare for me to read a book when I don't engage with the MC, and the MC in this book was kinda blah. It's a shame, because I loved a lot of the set up and the use of the classic monsters from Victorian lit. Hmmm, we'll have to see.

Then I  read Elizabeth May's The Falconer. It was okay. The steampunk elements weren't enough for me after reading books by George Mann and Mark Hodder, but I liked the action and the setting. I had fun dragging out my geographical knowledge of Edinburgh, based on the entire TWO TIMES I have been there :P We shan't discuss the ending *twitches*

Heading back to the world of Jack Reacher now as I heard a really cool interview with Lee Child on BBC Radio 2 on Monday and I couldn't resist picking up another one.

What I'm Writing

Hello 55k! :D Yup, I managed to do my own NaNoWriMo in August. Hit 50k on Sunday. Yay!

What Else I'm Up To

Firstly, offering my congratulations to everyone who made it into this year's Pitch Wars :D

Secondly, writing. Lots and lots of writing.

What Inspires Me

The camaraderie of my fellow unagented, unpublished writers. We are amazing.


Woo! What's up 1990s!!!! :D

Have a wonderful week!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the AMAZING writing in August! Wonder what September will bring...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers!

      Hmmm... hopefully a completely draft, but I probably shouldn't get ahead of myself :P

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, love it! Us unagented, unpublished writers need to stick together. :-)

    Also, I'm totally intrigued by THE FALCONER now, even if it's not great - I'm desperate for steampunk that's not set in London or NY!

    Have a great week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do! :D

      Eeeeh, calling it steampunk isn't really accurate. It's a fantasy with gadgets. If I do find some other steampunk with other locales, I'll be sure to share it :D

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the NaNo in a non-NaNo month! :P 55K is amazing!

    I won't lie - I was nervous on behalf of all the Pitch Wars entrants even though I decided not to put myself through it again...I know what it does to my concentration! But it's such a big thing to put your work out there! *sends writerly solidarity*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! :D That 10k retreat day really helped me get that far.

      Thanks, Emma. I didn't make it through, but I'm glad I did it anyway.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on 55k!

    That song is on my playlist for when I need cheering up. I love 90s nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm blown away by your August word count, lady! Amazing! And I'm with you on the camaraderie of the writing community -- so motivating and inspiring! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the camaraderie in this community really is amazing. congrats on reaching 55k! I've never been able to write that much in one month, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing quite like knowing you've got an entire community behind you :D

      Delete
  7. Huge congrats on hitting 50k! An awesome word count for the month, =)

    1990s nostalgia is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It is, isn't it? No wonder I'm so addicted to Nostalgia Critic :P

      Delete
  8. Congrats on 55k. I've noticed that the best way for me to draft is by doing a NaNoWriMo type schedule. It works for me and I see it works for you. Go us.
    Thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very handy way to get books written. The question is will I write this first draft faster than Colony's? Time will tell...

      Delete
  9. Love the video- that just makes me want to watch Friends! Love that show!
    Congrats on hitting 50k! Woohoo! That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends is great, and still funny after all these years.

      Thanks! :D

      Delete
  10. Wow! 50K in August is fantastic, Cole! Good job! :D
    You've just reminded me that I wanted to read THE FALCONER, so I requested it from the library. I kind of love that it's set in Edinburgh, one of my favourite cities in the world. Hope you're having an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like The Falconer ^_^ Edinburgh is a beautiful city to set a book in.

      Delete
  11. 50k in one month is blowing my mind! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your 50k month! That's amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow what a great writing month you had, congratulations!
    Was Lee Child on Simon's Mayo's book club? I'll have to go find the podcast of that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was! It was a really interesting interview so definitely find the podcast :D

      Delete
  14. Woo congrats on 55k! That is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really amazing progress in your writing. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesomesauce word count, girl! And I love what inspires you, this community is a great one to be a part of!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on 55K! You basically win August.

    Hope you have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you hit your 50k target! I knew you would, because you're awesome like that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *blushes* Thank you!

      Now to sort out that synopsis...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts