The Writing Lifestyle: Sticker Charts for Grown Ups

I've worked with children for a while now, so I'm pretty familiar with sticker charts as a method of marking progress.

I have never, in all my years, had my own sticker chart...

UNTIL NOW!


I've noticed plenty of writers sharing images of their sticker-covered calanders, but it was Laura Crampton's tweet on Monday that finally inspired me to join in, especially when she suggested I go buy stickers at Paperchase.

The great thing about this is you have a quick visual reference for how much writing you've done. Sure, you can look at your word count and see your progress, but there's nothing wrong with making a little extra effort. And I'm a huge fan of hands-on things as opposed to digital things on a screen.


How you break down your sticker use is up to you, but go out, get some funky stickers, and start tracking your progress! :D

Comments

  1. I've been really tempted to start doing this ever since I heard Elizabeth May talk about doing it. I find spreadsheets easier, though, because I'm too lazy/too cheap to go out and buy the kit. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the act of putting the sticker on my calender oddly rewarding. I'm a bit old-tech when it comes to stuff like this, and I finally feel like I have a reason to own a calender :P

      Delete
  2. I think it was Victoria Schwab who first posted a video about using stickers for motivation - now loads of writers are doing it, including me! I find it really pushes me through the last 100-200 words to earn a new sticker every day. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to go for a 500 word minimum. So far so good.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts