Miss Cole's Tea Time: Twining's STRONG Breakfast Tea


Feeling a bit too drowsy to sit down and write this morning? Well, may I recommend you have a cup of this particular brew? Twinings 1706 Strong Breakfast is a great tea for those of you who, like me, love Assam blends. Stronger than last week's more floral Irish Breakfast, this is a great get up and go tea.

I also quite like it to fight off my mid-afternoon lull, whether I'm writing or at the day job. The strong taste is very invigorating! When a tea is described as being "malty", to me that translates as having a really noticeable taste that lingers in the mouth. You won't find floral hints in this one.


If you want to try a stronger tea but you're a bit nervous, my advice is to not brew it for longer than three minutes and be sure to add plenty of milk. You can experiment - brewing it for longer, changing the amount of milk - but strong teas make a nice writing accompaniment.

But if you like your tea super strong, don't bother with milk. It's like coffee - you can drink it black.

Have you got a preferred strong blend?

Comments

  1. Wait...I haven't had this one yet! I'm writing it down to get next time I stock up on Twinings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! I only found it recently, and it's well worth trying :D

      Delete
  2. You're seriously making me crave tea. Milk and tea is almost like milk and coffee, right? I think I can handle it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you find it too strong or bitter, sweeten it with sugar to start off with then slooooowly wean yourself off it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts