What's Up Wednesday :D

Hi everyone! It's another Wednesday. Time to join in Erin and Jaime's What's Up Wednesday ^_^

What I'm Reading

Finished the second Boy Nobody book and really enjoyed it. I cannot recommend these books to you enough. Amazing thrillers. Jack Reacher for YA would be a good summary.

Then I read The Three by Sarah Lotz.  THIS. BOOK. You all need to pick it up. It's written like non fiction and it is SO GOOD.  You read excerpts about a series of bizarre plane crashes, survived only by three children... And that's when stuff gets really weird. Ooooh it is AMAZING! You just can't put it down. So you all need to buy it, right now!

Now I'm reading The Waking Engine by David Edison.

What I'm Writing

Well, okay, soooo I had a major reshuffle in my office which meant I just had to get to grips with that rewrite, right? Right.


Currently sitting pretty at just over 7k :D

What Else I'm Up To

I had some time off! YAY! The spa day was amazing. Ooooh soooo relaxing. After that, in stereotypical fashion, I was ill.  Still, feeling all better now.  And I did manage to spend time with my lovely wonderful friends on Sunday.

Oooh and I finally have the deluxe Star Trek Into Darkness OST. LOOK AT THESE PRETTY CDS!


And, in case you missed it, I vlogged last week!

What Inspires Me

My iPod keeps doing that thing when it plays the perfect piece of music at exactly the right time.  I've found this piece from Final Fantasy VII quite soothing.


Have a great week everyone :)

Comments

  1. We just bought the ebook version of the first novel in the Boy Nobody series. Jack Reacher for YA? My son will love that and my husband probably will too! I'll have to tell them that's your comparison.

    So glad to hear you had a relaxing spa day, but it's really too bad you got sick right after. Have fun with that rewrite! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I really hope you enjoy it. I loved both of them.

      Delete
  2. Woo 7k! Well done. :D

    Glad to hear you're feeling better, and I enjoyed your vlog. :)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job with the rewrite! Glad to hear you're feeling better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aside from being sick, it sounds like you've had a great week, Cole, what with the awesome reading and the writing progress. May these (not the sickness) continue into next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! Definitely want the writing to continue smoothly ;)

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the rewrites! And I love all of your writing friends in your writing area. Cute :) Those CD covers are amazing. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my little gang of Pop Vinyl figures are super cute ^_^

      Aren't they amazing covers? And the music is an absolute delight!

      Delete
  6. One of these days I'm going to go on a spa day. It's too bad you were sick after!
    I wasn't much of a Star Trek fan growing up but I love the new movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, they're amazing ^_^

      I love the new movies, too, although I'm also a classic Trek fan <3

      Delete
  7. Oh, a spa day sounds so nice. I LOVE star trek too and that movie was just awesome! There is such a good vibe coming off your blog post this week. I hope you have another great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The soundtrack is every bit as good. It's great to write with ^_^

      Yay for good vibes!

      Delete
  8. Ooh, a spa day would be wonderful, glad you enjoyed having a bit of time off! And there is nothing like the perfect bit of music, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you have a supportive group of little characters cheering you on at your desk. Congrats on the 7K!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good work with those rewrites! I find the music from Final Fantasy quite awesome as well :) Glad you had a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Final Fantasy soundtracks are fantastic to write with. I have quite a few ^^;

      Delete
  11. Love the OST's I'll have to look up those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you'll enjoy them :D

      Delete
  12. Have added THE THREE to my TBR list! It's interesting, though, there are some really mixed reviews on Goodreads. It looks like people either loved it or hated it but I think it has to do with the style it was written in. Your review has intrigued me, though! I'm going to give it a whirl! Glad you're feeling all better. I could really use a spa day right now ... of course, who couldn't?! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going into it, I had no idea that's the way it was written, but it worked for me. I couldn't put it down! I hope you'll enjoy it, too :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts