What's Up Wednesday- Cole is Short Edition

Oh, Wednesday, we meet again :D Time to join in Erin and Jaime's What's Up Wednesday post ^_^

What I'm Reading

Finished reading The Waking Engine.  What a book! I really enjoyed it. It was soooo weird, and took some following, but if you like your fantasy a bit unusual, this is the story for you. I'll sum up the central premise: What if when you die, you don't actually die, and move onto another universe instead? And if that's not enough to tempt you, check out the beautiful cover.

Now I am onto my 50th book of the year! And how perfect that the new Burton and Swinburne book came out in time!!! So far I am LOVING it.  I'll get to that huge pile of books you gave me, Jaffa, promise :D Juuuuuust not right now :P

What I'm Writing

18k into that rewrite :D

What Else I'm Up To

I did see Guardians of the Galaxy and I didn't really like it.  I didn't hate it. I just feel very blah about it.  Oh well! I did chuckle at the post-credits scene though. And Rocket was fun.  Other than, just blah. The Internet's hype didn't work for me.

I also finished rewatching the amazing anime series that is Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.  If you like anime and haven't seen it, you owe it to yourselves to watch it.  It is so good.  I also realised it's been ten years since I watched the first version, which is kinda terrifying ^^; I really need to finish collecting the manga... except when I went to the shop to buy it yesterday, someone had put it on the top shelf...


WHO ARE YOU CALLING AN ULTRA SUPER HYPER CHIBI!?!

What Inspires Me

London. I had to go up for work yesterday (children on tubes, what an adventure!), and I always feel such a good buzz when I go up to the city.  I'm so lucky to live so close, because as much as I love London, I'm not sure I could leave Brighton...


Have a great week!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't believe they put FMA on the top shelf. :D

    I miss Brighton much more than I miss London. Brighton is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone in Forbidden Planet was having a giggle, that's for sure :P

      Brighton *is* lovely. Come visit again soon, and I'll make sure I'm actually in my hometown ;)

      Delete
  2. I've been rewatching Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood recently, too! :) Have fun with the rewrite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best ^_^ Does kinda make the original unwatchable, but never mind :D

      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on that 18k! ^__^

    Haha, oh dear, I feel your pain - when you're short you can guarantee that the stuff you want is in the highest room of the tallest tower.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! :D

      Yup, it's always the way. And there you stand, stretching and stretching, all for naught...

      Delete
  4. Way to go on the rewrites! And thanks for the anime tip. I'm definitely going to check into that one. (I love anime ;) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I hope you like it! Make sure you watch the Brotherhood version :D

      Delete
  5. This whole post made me smile! Have an excellent week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^ Hope it's a great one for you, too!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the rewrites! And I am envious of your proximity to London. An 8 hour flight is just a little too far away for my liking, =(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your revision!

    I also live close to several large cities (Boston, New York, Poughkeepsie, etc.), though I don't really do much outside of Albany, aka Smallbany. The largest nearby city I go to on a regular basis is Saratoga, though my family used to go to Boston much more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ^_^

      I like big cities. They're so busy and alive.

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed Guardians of the Galaxy, sorry it wasn't your cup of tea. Good luck with your rewrite. thanks for sharing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pete's been watching FMA Brotherhood recently. I keep catching episodes and it's actually one of the rare animes I enjoy. I always keep meaning to download the first theme tune.

    A day in London is enough for me. Especially in the summer time. It's so crowded and busy. I'm very much a quieter town person. Leeds suits me fine because it's small and there are certain times when there are not many people about. Not to sound anti-social and hermit, like. =P

    Sorry Guardians was disappointing. =( Internet hypes do tend to spoil fiction. I was worried it wasn't going to live up to my expectations but I did end up loving it. Killer soundtrack too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You muuuust! It's one of the greatest anime ever made <3

      I definitely prefer my cities busy and lively ^_^

      Delete
  10. Congrats on the rewrite! :-) And I have to admit I must have lived under a rock because I haven't heard about the Guardians yet, sorry it disappointed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, well, everyone else on the internet would beg you to see it, but I think you can safely remain under your rock ;)

      Delete
  11. I wish I lived near London! Instead of a short ride into town I would need to take a 12 hour flight to London xD Congrats on reaching your 50th book of the year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be *quite* the journey to visit the city ;)

      Cheers!

      Delete
  12. The Clash.. gotta love it. And "children on tubes" Haha!

    Hope you have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) And very well behaved they were, too.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  13. Oh wow, that book sounds really interesting!
    I absolutely love FMA:B, it's my favourite anime of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FMA:B is definitely one of my faves, too. I adore Ed <3

      Delete
  14. Just added The Waking Engine to my too buy list cause it sounds awesome! And that cover is stunning!
    Woop for progress on the rewrite, that's great :D
    Ah London, I want to go back. I'm definitely going to be in Brighton next month though, which I'm really looking forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? It took a bit of getting into, but once I did, I really enjoyed it. Couldn't DNF a book that pretty!

      Delete
  15. Yay for getting that far into the rewrite.

    FMA is my favorite series in over 30 years of watching/collecting manga and anime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It's a fantastic series. I really miss it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts