Miss Cole's Tea Time - Irish Breakfast

I like the occasional cup of Irish Breakfast tea. It has a distinctive taste that's quite different from English Breakfast.  It's definitely more floral, so if you're looking to make the transition from herbal to black teas, Irish Breakfast is a good place to start. I've tried a few different blends over the years, from Twinings to Adagio, and now, Bewley's.  If you want Irish tea, you should probably get one from Ireland.

The first time I had Irish Breakfast was with my Irish aunt who lived in the Bronx. Yeah, yeah, I know. I went to the US to have Irish tea with my Irish aunt.  TEA KNOWS NO BORDERS! Had you met her, you never would've believed Aunt Norah had lived in the States for over fifty years.  Her Irish accent held on fast.

Irish breakfast is not quite as strong as English breakfast, probably due to the Darjeeling blended with the stronger Assam, which is why it's quite nice to drink as a weekend breakfast tea. Why have a strong tea when you can have a mellower, more refreshing tea and have a gentler start to your writing day?

Comments

  1. I'm glad you explained the differences -- I've never been able to fathom why Irish Breakfast if different from English Breakfast. It sounds lovely as a more relaxed alternative, I'll need to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^ From what I can tell, English Breakfast has Ceylon rather than Darjeeling. Hope you find a good Irish blend :D

      Delete
  2. I love both teas :) I started out experimenting with Irish and English breakfast in an English hotel room, I recall. I've always been a black tea person, but over time expanded my tea tastes to green and to more floral teas. I still prefer floral over fruit teas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely a black tea drinker, but Irish is a nice hint of something else ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts