Miss Cole's Tea Time - Assam

In a previous post, I discussed the light, mellow and absolutely wonderful flavour of Ceylon tea.  It goes into a lot of blends, as does this week's tea, Assam.  This is a much stronger tea, which is why you find it in a lot of breakfast blends.

I really enjoy the strong taste of Assam. Some describe it as "earthy", which might suggest it tastes like mud. Nope, not at all.  I like to think of it as a powerful taste that stays in the mouth, covering your tongue.

If I'm taking Assam to work, I'll have Twinings tea bags. If I'm drinking it loose leaf, I'll have it from Fortnum and Mason.  When I want to treat myself to a delicious Assam with just a hint of something more, I'll go for Tin Roof Teas' Assam Harmutty. It's definitely one of my more expensive teas, but it's well worth the price.


This is a nice tea to use as a writing reward. Hit 1k for the day? Have a cup. Finished scheduling your week's posts? Have a cup. Worked out a detailed plan for your next WiP? Have a cup.

Going over your rejection list? HAVE. A. CUP

(If you like the cup and milk jug, you can find them here. And if you happen to be in Brighton, I bought mine from a delightful shop called Sixty Seven on Dyke Road)

Every now and then, you have to treat yourself to a more expensive tea, and this one is well worth the cost.

Comments

  1. Assam is my favourite. I describe the flavour as "fruity"--though not like a lemon or raspberry tea. It's strong, but it has depth. Mmmm. I could go for a cup now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. However you describe the taste, it's a delicious one!

      You should order from Tin Roof :D Or make a trip down to Raleigh especially ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts