Miss Cole's Tea Time - Tin Roof Teas: English Westminster

Welcome to Tea Time! It's that wonderful time of the week when I get to share with you all some brilliant teas to write with. (Note to self - make a banner ;))

Today I'm going to share with you one of my favourite GET UP AND GO blends. It's from a fantastic company called Tin Roof Teas, based in Raleigh, North Carolina. This has become a must visit! destination for me whenever I'm in the US as they have such a huge range of delicious and unique teas.

(Please, please, please expand your business to the UK. We're all rather fond of tea over here :D)

English Westminster is a strong black tea sure to wake you up and get your brain going.  They recommend brewing for five minutes, but if that's too strong for you, I find three to four minutes will work just fine.  I then add milk.  I never have sugar in my tea.

I love the sharp taste I get from this blend.  Unlike last week's mellower tea, English Westminster has a more powerful aftertaste.  I'd like to say it's the combination of the Assam and Java that really makes this tea stand out. It's a great way to bring your senses online first thing in the morning. It'll chase away the sleep and help you focus on your writing.


What stronger teas do you prefer to start your writing day with?

Comments

  1. Sounds yummy, Cole. Are you a milk in your black tea kinda gal? I am. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need milk. I can drink tea black, but I prefer not to ^_^

      Delete
  2. I'm totally a coffee person, but I feel like it's because someone has never made me a good cup of tea. ;) Maybe after Tea Time I'll understand the art behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, that sounds lovely. I drink an English Breakfast blend to wake me up when I'm at home (Kent & Sussex's FOP being my favorite, thank you for introducing it to me!) but at work I'll make do with Tetley or Clipper teabags. I think we're quite fortunate in the UK that even the "cheap" tea is still a serviceable blend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      Funnily enough, Clippers is going to be my next review.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts