Miss Cole's Tea Time - Afternoon Tea

Afternoon Teas come in a variety of tastes.  Some are mild, some are strong, some are a wee bit spicy.  When I worked in India in 2012, a small cup of chai provided a great pick me up in the heat of the day thanks to its sweetness and spices.  I haven't drunk chai since then, but I still enjoy a good afternoon tea.

Seeing as my past couple of teas have been UK-based brands, I'm heading back to Tin Roof for their Five O'Clock tea. It has a delicious and strong taste, thanks to the Assam.  What could be better when you need a strong drink to keep you going? I brew this for the full five minutes to get the most from the leaves.  I put milk in the cup before I pour the tea because I tend to brew this at my desk, and I haven't quite managed to fit a fridge into my office yet ;)

The leaves of this tea are very fine. In their packet, they almost look like coffee grinds.  In no way does this affect the taste. Once they touch the hot water, they expand.  However, this does mean that when you brew it, you can't use anything with large holes because the leaves will flow straight through.

I have a lot of tea brewing methods at my disposal, but this flask has got to be my favourite for when I'm in a rush and don't want to take up a lot of space on my desk.  It's also the perfect way to brew this particular blend.

 

This brewer is the perfect way to make tea with leaves. Mine was a Christmas gift from the lovely Laura a couple of years ago, and it has seen a lot of use. Find yours here!

ACTION SHOT!

Brew, my pretty, brew!

The finished product :D


As the photos show, I can take it to my desk and write while it brews. Afterwards, my leaves are contained and there's no mess.  It's so convenient when I only want a single cup.

Do you have a handy tea brewer you like to use?

Comments

  1. I happen to be in a chai phase at the moment - sweet, vanilla, and cinnamon are my flavors. But my husband is hooked on something called Bhakti chai. It's so hot with peppery spices it burns. Bleh. But he'd love that desktop brewer. That's cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever find somewhere that makes chai as nicely as the people in India, I'll go back to drinking it :D

      It's an amazing brewer to have. Highly recommended.

      Delete
  2. I think it's another sign that I'm supposed to become a tea person! I've been getting into plain iced tea, which is a leap from my flavored iced tea. Until then, I'll just keep reading Tea Time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slowly but surely, you'll become a tea fanatic ;)

      Delete
  3. Jaime bought me a similar tea flask from Starbucks a few years ago and I love it! The lid really helps keep the heat in and then I don't worry about spilling on my laptop either, especially since I don't have a great track record where that's concerned. I don't have a lot of experience drinking Assam, but I think my husband really likes it if I'm remembering correctly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assam is a good, strong tea. It tends to be in a lot of breakfast and afternoon blends, so you may enjoy it neat ;)

      Delete
  4. I'm still in love with the infuser tea-itere mug they use in Small Batch Coffee Co, my one at home gets constant use. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them, too, but I have managed to resist buying one... so far... ;)

      Delete
  5. This tea sounds delish. I like Assam teas, so it would be right up my alley. We have good tea infusers with tiny mesh, so that would be perfect for this. Oh, and I love the tube mug you have. So cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it if you get the chance :D

      The mug was a gift from my eldest brother.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts