Write For Yourself

Dream!Story gave way to the Shiny New Idea that, since last Thursday, has gone from 1000 words to 25,000.  This particular idea isn't very original and it probably won't be anything I can ever query, but sometimes you just have to write for you. 

THIS STORY BELONGS TO MEEEEEEE!

It's very easy to get caught up in the idea that everything you write has to have publication potential, and that's a real shame. With Colony querying, any distraction is a welcome distraction.  And the more you write, the better you get.  In other words, I'm going to sit back and simply enjoy the act of writing.

I will go back to Dream!Story, but for now, the SNI rules.  I might never share it with the world, but it feels really good to be writing it.

Comments

  1. That is a tough concept to sell yourself on...we want to believe our work will be read by the public someday. Once we accept that we love to write and we'd do it even if we knew we'd never be published, then we can truly call ourselves writers, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I think we get so obsessed with getting an agent and getting a book deal we forget that we started out writing for ourselves. It's lovely to sit back and remind myself of that.

      Delete
  2. Nothing better than writing simply for the love of it. Good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's awesome. A good reminder of why you started writing in the first place - for the love of it. So write on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D It feels good to let loose and write what I really want to write, publishable or not.

      Delete
  4. Love the SNI abbreviation. It totally works! Glad you're having fun with this idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts