I Am Full of Ideas

You might not always have a plot, but I bet you've always got ideas.  A character, a scene, a theme, an event... something that might not lead to instant writing, but keeps your imagination ticking over regardless.  It may never turn into a book, but knowing there's always an idea or two bubbling in your mind is a big comfort. You might not have a new book in you right at this very moment, but the potential for so many lives inside you, waiting for the right moment to take over your mind.

Ideas can come from anywhere at any time.  A good photo could spark an idea:

Where do those stairs lead?

Or maybe a particular piece of music:


Or maybe just a moment in your life that lodges in your brain and say "hey, hey, I'm an idea. You might want to use me one day."

So don't worry if you don't have a story or a plot at the moment, because you've always got an idea.

Comments

  1. Oooh, those are some inspiring stairs.

    Where do those stairs lead... and what are you leaving behind at the bottom of them? Or, what's waiting to drag you back down when you're near the exit?

    *looks suspiciously at the stairs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't trust 'em. They might gave in and drop you into a deep, deep, murky underground world O_o

      I suddenly feel incredibly fortunate my friend and I survived to share our photos with the world...

      Delete
  2. Very true! The proportion of my ideas that actually end up getting turned into books is pretty small, but I like to write everything down in notebooks so I can go back to them later when I need to feel inspired. And you never know which one might end up sparking a new book idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I have post its on my pinboard in my office :D Lots of potential.

      Delete
  3. Ooo creepy stairs! So many possibilities!

    It's ridiculous the amount of ideas I can have but struggle to get a full plot for them. Oh well, better to have them than not to, right? I try and keep an idea notebook, just writing in characters or sticking in newspaper articles or copying out research of a mythological creature/legend. Just in case one of those sparks a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only takes one idea to spark a whole new book, so storing them in a notebook is a good plan.

      Delete
  4. Oh do I like this. I have so many random ideas that are so good, but they don't fit into my current WIP and at the moment I won't have anything for them to work with so I try to write them down so I'll have them later and try and put them in as things develop, and so I don't lose them lol. But you're right whenever I have them, I always do feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so comforting to know I always have ideas. It means the potential for new stories is there.

      Delete
  5. I love it when that new idea hits! So fun and shiny and full of possibilities. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts