Like a Magpie...

Ever feel like you're writing, writing, writing and then something shiny catches your eye and oooh! New idea! Let's work on that! So you start and you get further and further... wait, what's that shiny thing? ANOTHER NEW IDEA! Go, go, go!

GET THE SHINY!!!!!

This would be me right now.  I started my ice story during the Olympics... then I started my Camp NaNo story (which I really love)... but now there's this other idea nibbling at my brain.  I've decided to keep working on the NaNo idea to see if my brain will kindly return to it, but if not, looks like I'll be moving on again ^^; But... but... aaargh, brain, I really like the NaNo idea!

Flitting between ideas doesn't mean you can't settle or that you'll never finish another story again.  It's a great sign you've got a busy imagination and you'll have something you can return to.  You've just got to find the idea that's going to work for you right now.

Comments

  1. OMG This is the single reason why I find it so hard to finish something. I think it's because the grass always looks greener on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does. Here's hoping I pull off some self-discipline...

      Delete
  2. Shiny new ideas are always...wait, what were you saying? I was distracted by the adorable video of Toothless. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts