What's Up Wednesday!

It's the last What's Up Wednesday before Christmas! Where has the time gone? Quick, come and join in the last WUW of 2013 at Jaime and Erin's blogs :D

What I'm Reading

Still Northern Lights, but I added to my TBR list... and I'd come so close to making it to 2014 without buying any new books. Oh well!

What I'm Writing

I wrote down a scene that's been bugging me for a while.  It came out pretty much as I wanted it to, buuuuut I'm not sure there's life in the idea. Still, there's nothing wrong with writing random things. Who knows what might come of it?

And when you've got a shiny new notebook that SHOUTED BUY ME, BUY ME FROM THE SHELVES, well, you gotta write something new:

So pretty!

What Else I'm Up To

...I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally need to wrap some presents...

What Inspires Me

As you read this, I'm off trying out new violins.  My birthday falls on the 28th and my parents are very kindly helping me pay for a violin as my gift.  I've saved up all money I've earned from the overtime I've been working to go towards it, too. I'm really hoping to join an orchestra in the spring of 2014, and I want a higher quality instrument. My first violin has been wonderful, but I promised myself an upgrade if I stuck with it... and I did! And I love it ^_^

One day, I hope to be this good:


Well, as this is the last What's Up Wednesday of 2013, I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all of you for coming by and commenting. Always appreciated! Have a great festive season however you celebrate it, and I'll catch up with you all in 2014!

Comments

  1. Some of the best ideas come from random notebook scribblings! Hope you have a great Christmas/birthday/New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a new violin and happy (early) birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realllllly need to do some wrapping too. Gah. I don't mind shopping for presents, but wrapping is another story. And I'm terrible at it. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! My mum and brothers are amazing wrappers, but dad and I lack the finesse ^^;

      Delete
  4. The violin player in that video is so hip! Now every time you talk about the violin I'm going to picture you in my head as that spunky and vibrant musician. So congratulations on being so cool!

    Good luck with your instrument purchasing and your gift wrapping. Happy Holidays. Happy Birthday. And Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she? Hee, ah, yeah, I've got at least a decade of play to put in before I'm that good, but she is such an inspiration.

      Thank you! :D

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your coming violin! I always wanted to learn, though for the last 10 years or so, I've become more interested in the vielle and dulcian. It's hard to find affordable Medieval instruments (even ones made in the modern era), so I'll probably go with violin anyway if I ever get around to learning an instrument.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot recommend it enough. It is a beautiful instrument. And my new one (which is actually rather old!) is wonderful ^_^

      Delete
  6. I wrapped a whole bunch of presents yesterday. Now I have a pile of unattractive presents in my room, because I'm so bad at it. Good luck wrapping yours! :)

    And I hope you enjoy your new violin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terrible at wrapping, too! Still, as long as the whole thing is covered, it's all good ^_^

      Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Hello, Miss Cole! I wrap gifts as I get them and put them under the Christmas tree (except for my husband's, which I hide in my closet). I have to because otherwise there's no where else to put them in my apartment! Wishing you an early happy happy birthday and have fun picking out your new violin!

    Happy reading and writing! from Laura Marcella @ Wavy Lines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a smart idea that I will borrow next year :D

      Delete
  8. glad you were able to make it through the scene. even if it doesn't turn into a whole novel, I think it's good for your creative mojo. I wish I was musically talented, but alas, that one seems to have skipped the gene pool, hope you make lovely music with your new violin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely good :D And my new violin is absolutely wonderful, thank you ^_^

      Delete
  9. I love your enthusiasm for playing the violin. I hope your new violin is wonderful, and that you get into an orchestra this year! And that Lindsey Stirling video is awesome - I just love her music. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my new violin! I'll have to post pictures tomorrow ^_^

      Lindsey Stirling is amazing. I am so inspired by her.

      Delete
  10. I've loved following your violin journey and how brilliant that you stuck with it and now get an upgrade - enjoy!

    I have just finished wrapping all the presents. It was epic! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ^_^

      I am so jealous! I will have to get mine wrapped asap :D

      Delete
  11. I hope you manage to join an orchestra, Cole. There's nothing like playing with other musicians to get you inspired and enthused both for your instrument, and for music.

    Have an awesome, musical, tasty, bibliophile Christmas (I think that covers everything)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Bit more practice and I'll be ready ^_^

      Thanks! You too :D

      Delete
  12. Uh oh, I just got a new notebook too! Guess I'd better get ready for all the new ideas that'll be coming my way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts