Farewell, 2013!

Here we are again, at the end of another busy year.  I might not have gone on any big travelling adventures this year, and I don't have an agent, but I think I can call it a success.  Space!Story came out of nowhere in January and now it's this close to begin querying.

Fantastic Blogs

Firstly, I need to link you to all of my fantastic beta readers for 2013 because they are amazing and wonderful and lovely and talented.

Emma Maree
Laura Crampton
Laura Kitto
Robin Moran

I also need to thank the lovely hosts of What's Up Wednesday, Jaime and Erin, for bringing so many of us bloggers together ^_^

Best Book(s)

Yeah, there was no way I could choose just the one.

Best YA:


The only YA book I have read this year that lived up to the hype. Intense situations and intriguing characters. Let's hope the only way is up for this series.

Best Adult:


Couldn't put it down. Nothing like The Shining, but so fitting.


Granted, The Strange Affair of Spring-Heeled Jack wasn't published this year, but this is without a doubt the best steampunk book I have ever read. The series aims high and hits it every time. Fantastic. Highly recommended.

Best Film


Best Game

Most of the games I played this year didn't come out in 2013. Soooo...

Best Game From 2013

Tomb Raider.  A worthy and very enjoyable update to one of my favourite gaming franchises. Also the reason I have this hilarious parody video in my life:

  
Cole's Favourite Game Played in 2013

This was tough... And I still can't pick just one, therefore I'm going with two!

Portal

So clever, so funny and, at times, genuinely creepy. Loved it.


Bioshock

The first and the best. Rapture is such a brilliant setting.  So pretty, so creepy, SO GOOD! Want to learn how to make a setting into its own character? Play Bioshock.


Best Song


You can't help but dance along :D

Goals for 2014

Reach Grade V for violin ^_^ And develop a proper vibrato.

Find my agent. Space!Story's almost ready to go and I love this book.

Write another book!

Read fifty books.  Yup, that's my challenge. For once, I want to keep track of my reading. Keep an eye on the new tab at the top of the blog to see how I go.

Have a wonderful New Year! Thanks for stopping by in 2013, and I can't wait to blog some more in 2014 :D

Comments

  1. I love how you answered best movie for 2013. His face: "Obviously." I should've seen that coming. I hope you find an agent in 2014! If you need any additional readers, just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I found that gif, I knew it would be perfect XD

      Thanks, me too! I will let you know and I'll get yours back to you asap. (BTW - the opening was aaaaaaaawesome!)

      Delete
  2. Best of luck querying! I've just started agent-hunting myself and I'm hoping 2014 will be the year! :) (also, I LOVED The 5th Wave!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exciting times! Hope you get the good news from an agent soon :D

      Delete
  3. Nice wrap up of the year! Best wishes for a happy 2014!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting lists, Cole. THE 5TH WAVE made my shortlist for book of the year--definitely one of the best books I read in 2013. I wish you all the best for 2014, that you make great strides with your violin playing, and that your novel finds an agent--and a publisher, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Colin! Have a fantastic 2014 yourself :D

      Delete
  5. Nice list! I didn't read The 5th Wave. I probably should, huh? And I think that Chris Pine also wins best eyebrows of 2013. Next to Dave Franco, of course. ;) Good luck in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Definitely read it :D

      He had marvellous eyebrows XD

      Delete
  6. What's Up Wednesday has been great for meeting other writers. I'm so glad they started it!
    Love your best film choice :)
    Good luck with your goals. I'm aiming for 50 books too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I! :D

      I love it, too ;)

      Thanks! Good luck to you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts