A Travelling Writer's Editing Kit

As I'm flying out to my brother's wedding on Wednesday, and I've travelled before while in the midst of an edit, I thought I'd share what I take with me:


1 - iPod. Always helps to be in the right mood for the right scene
2 - eReader. When doing a big picture edit, I find it really helpful to have the MS in a format I can't edit... So a PDF file is perfect.
3 - Notebook. I thought I'd make use of my Kindle's note system, but having a separate notebook to write down changes I need to make works better for me. Plus it stops me from doing line-edits.
4 - Hard copy. If I am doing a paper edit, I'll take a chunk of the MS with me wherever I go.
5 - PENS. Okay, I know pens aren't exactly hard to find anywhere in the world, but I can be a wee bit particular about mine. The silver one in this image was a gift from my soon-to-be-wed brother for my 18th birthday.

What do you take with you when you're travelling and editing?

Ooh, and here's an image from the MCM Expo from yesterday:


There were a lot of people there and some awesome costumes.  The crazy weather didn't put anyone off! I'll share an image of my outfit as soon as I can ;) I picked up some great bits and bobs while I was there, including a Japanese tea set, a Puella Magi Madoka Magica bookmark and these awesome t-shirts:



If anyone knows where they're all from (especially that red one), you will prove your geeky prowess :D

Right then, this is me signing off for the next week and a bit. I'll be sure to get some images from Tenerife for you.  Have a great week everyone, and I'll see you all soon!

Comments

  1. Pens are definitely a necessity - I always lose them!

    I went to Expo last year and it was so much fun! I have several friends who go every year but I didn't really have the money this time (and I always overspend when I'm surrounded by so much awesome stuff!).

    Enjoy Tenerife! I may be a little jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went last year, too! It is a lot of fun, and it really seems to be growing. They had two halls this year. I really want the steampunk side of it to grow. And yes, overspending is very easy ^^; One of my friends bought a massive sword! I stuck to tea sets, t-shirts and food :P

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I always need a hard copy near by and the rest of the document on my Ipad. Just in case I get further than I thought I would. Coloured pens are a must. I couldn't edit with a normal red pen. I need colours and glitter! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly! I'd rather take too much of the hard copy than not enough.

      I've had a metallic red pen in the past but not a glittery one :P

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts