Things I Have Learned While Editing Space!Story

  1. Commas cease to exist when I am writing in first person.
  2. I really love writing in first person when I have such a moody MC.
  3. I need some new insults that are still YA friendly... *cough*
  4. Writing in first person means more words go into every draft than come out...
  5. ...Even though I keep deleting my strange overuse of the word "too".
  6. I still type too fast and leave entire words out of sentences.
  7. I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!! <3
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I don't think I've ever enjoyed editing a book as much as I'm enjoying editing Space!Story.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Yay indeed, and YAY YOU for being so awesome and patient with me! YOU WIN ALL THE AWARDS!

      Delete
  2. Seriously, commas are the bane of my existence. And number three totally made me laugh. You're right, YA friendly insults are not always easy to think of! Glad to hear you're enjoying your edits on Space!Story. Hope it continues to go well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think I was fairly decent with grammar but it turns out I'm really, really not :P

      Thanks, Erin!

      Delete
  3. This is fun! Glad the editing is going well :) I'll be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck for when you reach the editing phase, Liz! :D

      Delete
  4. I hear you about YA friendly insults! In the end I gave up and just used the same words the kids do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CUE EPIC AMOUNTS OF EXPLETIVES!!! :D

      Delete
  5. I think your #4 is a really interesting point and that you're onto something there. I hadn't really thought of it before, but you do an awful lot more explaining feelings, etc. when writing in first person. Hmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. And my MC just likes to go on and on and on ;)

      Delete
  6. Glad the Space!Story edits are going well.

    I'm also in the adds-more-words club when redrafting, though I'm afraid I'm a comma addict.

    If you need a new pair of eyes on this edit, you know who to call. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohmigosh, you'll probably want to reach through the screen and give me grammar lessons, but YES PLEASE! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts