Sunday Inspiration - Tired of the Rain? How About a Coffee Shop?

Rainymood.com is a fantastic writing tool, but what if you don't want to listen to the rain? How about a different kind of gentle hubbub to act as background noise while you work?

May I recommend Coffitivity? It sounds like the general atmosphere of a coffee shop - clinking cups, chatting voices in the background, miscellaneous bumps and squeaks - and can really help you hone in on your work. I tend to play music quite quietly over the top of it.

Song of choice right now?


^_^

Any other great background noise websites out there you like to use?

Comments

  1. Coffitivity is awesome. I alternate between it and Soundrown. It helps prevent me from noticing the loop around. Soundrown also offers other tracks like waves, rain, and train.

    http://soundrown.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! It's fantastic :D I'm in love with the train sound.

      Delete
  2. Music is a great motivator for writing. Although I find I can only listen to soundtracks because anything with lyrics ends up in the text... ;) Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use soundtracks too. They're absolutely perfect to write with :)

      Delete
  3. Those sites are very cool. Many times I have white noise to block out neighbors or my favorite music playing, but these are good alternatives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome!

      (Boooo to noisy neighbours)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts