Pantsing This, Pantsing That... (AKA Miss Cole's Pantsed Photo Frame Project!)


Over the weekend, I decided to rearrange some (*cough*a lot*cough*) of my photo frames. I decided I needed to put some up in my bedroom. Floor space is sorely limited, so I thought about getting a collage frame made of different shapes and sizes.  However, as I went to buy one, I stopped and decided against a store bought one. I chose to make the collage myself. It's more unique and, best of all, I can add to it whenever I like. It's totally organic.

So, I bought some new frames, mixed in some old ones and laid them out ready to transfer the collage pattern onto the wall...

 
Except I didn't stick to the plan because my pantsing nature transcends writing. Maybe it's not perfect and it's certainly not as neat as something off a factory line, but it's mine. No one else has one quite like it ^_^


Much like my collage, I love to let my stories grow as I work. I'll start with a central idea and spread out from there. It might not be very ordered, and they'll be a few mistakes along the way, but in the end I come away with a fairly decent story no one else can tell.

Comments

  1. Okay, this very thing is on my list of projects to get done. I've wanted to make a black & white photo collage of family pictures for ages now. Of course, I keep procrastinating though. I love the idea of mixing different frames and each collage having a unique configuration! I found some cool second hand frames that I'm going to spray paint...someday. Your post is a reminder that I need to get on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, black and white photography is so lovely! Have fun making yours too :D

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good approach to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to make a photo collage. I imagine I would move pictures around constantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being able to move them around is a huge part of the fun :D

      Delete
  4. Awesome!! :D I love it! MUCH better than some store bought collage frame, for sure!

    (Also OMG that photo of us in the ocean! L.O.L!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^_^

      I know! Why we thought we could get into the ocean and NOT GET WET I do not know :P

      Delete
  5. I try and try to be a plotter, but it just doesn't work. The same with projects around the house - when I get it in my mind to do something, I jump right in. Pantsters 4-eva!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Everything flows better when I make it up as I go along.

      Hooray for pantsing!

      Delete
  6. I like it! I have one in my guest room that has grown over the years. It may not subscribe to one of those "perfect" gallery wall layouts but whatever! I like the layout and that's all that matters.
    Those posters at the bottom are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The ability for it to grow is why I chose to do it myself. I should try and track its growth over the years ^_^

      Ah, yeah, that's just two of my ever-growing collection of 1920s and 30s London Underground posters. I love the style so much.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts