Day Job Inspiration

I spend a lot of time at work, and as such I kind of have to find my inspiration while I'm there.  The great thing about being a nanny is going out and about for loads of different things to keep the children busy and active...

So, the indoor jungle gym...


...became a terrifying city landscape my MC has to race through to evade capture.

And the sandpit at the park...

 

...became a desert under the hot, hot sun.

So, how do you use your day job to inspire your writing when you can't sit down and actually write?

Comments

  1. Not everyone has an eye for catching inspirations like that - a wonderful way to see the world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to see it as the children do... which can be really fun sometimes!

      Delete
  2. What a genius way to turn work into something inspiring! Just don't tell the kids the indoor playground is actually a terrifying city landscape or you'll give them nightmares lol! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I dunno. They might enjoy it ;)

      Delete
  3. As a teacher, I get to interact with teens, and it's helpful knowing how they're like since I write MG and YA, and sometimes I'm inspired by the literature I teach them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts