Writing On The Go

Do you enjoy writing on the go? Do you have to write on the go? Here's three options for you to use to get those all important words out no matter where you are or what you're doing.


One - Take A Notebook: This is one of my favourites. Go old school and bust out the pen and paper! You can take it to work, to the coffee shop, on holiday or wherever else you're off to, and scribble down a scene or two.

Two - Phone: Fill your text message box with scenes! If you've got a smartphone, check the apps.  It might have a note-taking function you can type a scene into.  I discovered my Blackberry comes with an inbuilt word processor which is extremely useful when I'm standing around waiting for buses! And it saves as .doc formats which makes transferring it to my laptop very easy.

Three - Laptop: If I'm going out for tea or babysitting, I take my laptop. I used to take my little netbook, but I think it's dying ^^; It can be a bit cumbersome, but at least I've got everything I need - Word, all my files and my music.

Oh, did I say tea was optional?

It's not.

What are your writing on the go essentials?

Comments

  1. I'm doing a study abroad in Oxford right now so this has been on my mind a lot!! I usually tote my laptop out, which is a pain... I have had some success with my iPod touch before, but I think I should try just bringing a notebook sometime. That may work better than I think it will...

    I think the most important thing--for me at least, and this isn't totally specific to writing on the go--is that I have a goal for what I accomplish. I feel like if you're sitting in a cafe or the like, it's especially easy to jump around to what you're eating, what you're drinking, what people around you are doing, where you have to go next...instead of focusing on the writing. Having a clear task to accomplish helps me focus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laptops become surprisingly heavy when you're lugging them around a city!

      I enjoy just getting away from my desk to work, especially when I'm editing. Having someone else make the tea is very helpful ;)

      Delete
  2. The smartphone tip is great! I use my iPod Touch's notepad to write if I'm not at my computer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't modern technology awesome? :D

      Delete
  3. Love it and very similar to me... I have tea, notebook and laptop. I try to avoid the phone otherwise I spend my time checking emails and surfing the net:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaaaah, that is the problem with my phone. HAVE I HAD ANY E-MAIL? CHECK QUICKLY!!!!!

      Delete
  4. Definitely a notebook. I actually love my iPad for on the go writing. You can get some really good writing and editing apps and buy a keyboard to connect onto it. =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts