Sunday Inspiration - Spring Clean

The biggest thing on my To Do list was to have an epic clean out  I'm not exactly a neat and tidy person, but every now and then I am seized by a burning need to TIDY ALL THE THINGS. And afterwards, once I divide my stuff up into donate/recycle/sell/bin piles, I feel this great sense of "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah".

In amongst all this mess...

Pictured: Mess

...I had a few fun finds, including DVDs I have no recollection of buying or receiving.  Let's hope I didn't borrow them from someone and never give them back ^^;

Good memories <3
Awesome books

So while I haven't done much writing this weekend (but I have done some! WOO YEAH, RAINYCITY!STORY!), at least I've finally had a good sort out and things are back where they should be or going to new homes.

And that's one tidy pile!

I love to tidy with music, because then I can daydream and work at the same time! This week I was very, very lucky to have something awesome arrive in the mail. 


It's the full score from Star Trek! HOORAY! It came in a little hardback book and the CDs have been made to look like the saucer sections of the Enterprise and the Kelvin. You can imagine my glee ;)

I'm loving this piece, and not just for the completely ridiculous title:


Now all I need is the full score to Into Darkness and I'm set!

I've also been loving some David Bowie this week too.


I hope you all had a fantastic week and the upcoming one is just as great.  Also, June. It is June.  Whaaaaaaaat?!

Happy Sunday!

Comments

  1. Mmm...loving the Star Trek soundtrack! I usually use soundtracks when I'm doing school, but the really epic ones I allow for my writing time, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic, isn't it? I love to use soundtracks for writing, especially the big emotional bits.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, do I ever need to do some spring cleaning. Not sure when that's going to happen. In fact, I have a feeling it might turn into summer or fall cleaning. We have a nice stack of those Choose Your Own Adventure books kicking around my house too. Glad to hear you got some work done on RainyCity!Story on top of the massive cleaning rampage. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such great books, although I do recall being somewhat upset by the ways I died when I read them as a child :P

      Delete
  3. Cool fun finds, Cole! I'm a bit of a pack-rat, so there's always a chance when I hunt through boxes I'll find something I'd forgotten about, or thought I'd lost or thrown away. I still have mementos of my first visit to the US in 1990 to visit my bride-to-be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I kept loads of things from my time in the US, especially when I was at UNC. It's always fun to look over it all again ^_^

      Delete
  4. Glad you're feeling all tidy and organized now! I don't know how people clean WITHOUT music. I definitely need it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO! It's so great to get into the emotions of a scene.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts