What's Up Wednesday?

Another Wednesday is upon us and it's time to take part in Jaime and Erin's What's Up Wednesday :D
 
What I'm Reading

Still working my way back through John Marsden's Tomorrow series.  Much to my present-self's frustration, I borrowed most of them out of the library. Now I'm buying them, I'm going to have a series with three different sets of covers.  Grr. Oh, and they've renamed the third book. It was A Killing Frost but now it's The Third Day: The Frost.  WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!

What I'm Writing 

 I finished the 3rd edit of my Space!Story at the weekend WOO HOO! I have a few notes to cover in my 4th edit, but I'm taking a break from that to just scribble down a few random ideas, see if they take me anywhere.  I'm very eager to avoid a return to last year's Writer's Block of DOOM.

What Else Am I Up To?

Overtime ^^; I seem to be a one woman citywide childcare service right now. Still, it's all adding up and it'll help pay for the flight to my middle brother's wedding in October.

Finished playing the new Tomb Raider game.  I enjoyed it, which sounds like a weird thing to say when I consider how violent it is (and how it lacks actual tomb raiding), but I can't deny that I liked it.  Although I must be showing my age when one of my main concerns for Lara was "we need to find you a hoodie, now." I miss the days when I my main reaction to Lara Croft was "YOU ARE SOOOO COOL WHEN I GROW UP I WANNA BE LIKE YOU!!!!!!"

Ooooh and I'm fangirling to my heart's content at Star Trek Into Darkness.  ENJOY IT, US AND CANADIAN FRIENDS! Please feel free to use me for all your post-movie feels discussions.  I AM HERE FOR YOU! We can call it Miss Cole's Into Darkness Feels Support Group.  I'm seeing it for the 4th time tonight with my friend Katie. Wheeeee!

What Inspires Me Right Now

I've decided to use this section for music, because it's such a key part of my writing.  I need the Into Darkness OST but omg why isn't it out in the UK yet?!?!?!?!?!

So until I can share my favourites from that, have this great song from Imagine Dragons!

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh i LOVE the Tomorrow Series! Read it for the first time when I was 13 and have read many times since! Went to the NZ premiere of the first film as well and got to meet two of the stars which was awesome. Such a great series!

    Yay for finishing your third edit! Must be such a good feeling! Love that music too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I was around the same age the first time I read it. Aren't they amazing?

      Yup, finishing a third edit feels pretty good. Enjoying my break but will be getting back to work next week ^_^

      Delete
  2. Well done for finishing the third round of edits! I loved Into Darkness sooooo much, but you already knew that :P Am totally loving Imagine Dragons at the moment, really like their song Radioactive :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did indeed ;)

      I like Radioactive too, but I thiiiiink Tiptoe is my favourite.

      Delete
  3. Into Darkness comes out today! I totally forgot. Hubby aren't going until Friday, but I'll be sure to share my fangirl squeals with you post-show. ;-) And funny that you should mention the new Tomb Raider game because hubby just finished playing it recently. From what I saw, it looked pretty cool. I still have yet to check out the Tomorrow series. I've seen the movie of the first book, but that's it. I wish for about 100 hours in a day *just* for reading. That would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy! I'll look forward to hearing your thoughts :D

      It's a good game, but I still prefer old school Tomb Raider because it actually features the whole "raiding tombs" aspect of gameplay :P

      Yeah, 100 hour days would come in veeery useful! Read it if you ever have the chance. Absolutely brilliant books.

      Delete
  4. I recently reread the first Tomorrow book, but I've never read the rest of them--I'd love to one day but OMG so many books to read! I'll probably get around to it in ten years or so, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! They're all worth it :D

      Delete
  5. First of all, I can't tell you how many times I've read books from the library only to end up buying my own copies. And I agree, it stinks when publishers change the covers. Not sure why they feel the need to mess up my book shelves. Congrats on finishing your third round of edits! It's such an awesome feeling each time you read through and polish things! Also, I love Tiptoe by Imagine Dragons. It's on my playlist for my current WIP too, along with a handful of other songs by them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what the library is for - try before you buy!

      It is so frustrating, especially when the reprints have rubbish covers.

      Imagine Dragons have really unique sounds to some of their pieces that I really enjoy. Always love to find new music ^_^

      Delete
  6. Ag, as someone whose series has been rebranded with new covers after the first book, it's frustrating for the author too!

    Yay for STAR TREK! I think my husband and I are going to do a double-feature of IRON MAN 3 and INTO DARKNESS on Friday. I am dorkily really excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine it would be so.

      I enjoyed Iron Man 3 a lot... but I'm a Trekkie so my heart belongs to Into Darkness ;) Enjoy them both!

      Delete
  7. Glad you got to play Tomb Raider. I am terrible at platformers, but I watched my husband play. I liked how real Lara felt this time around. Good luck with your edits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I caused her to have a few hideous deaths ^^; Quick Time Events + keyboards = one very dead Lara.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  8. I've yet to check out the TOMORROW series, but it sounds fantastic. And best of luck with your edits... You can TOTALLY do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, do! It's amazing!

      Thanks! Go Team Cole! WOO!

      Delete
  9. I love that song! Also, a student I work with told me today that her teacher assigned them to make a playlist for a book they just read in class (WHIRLIGIG), which I thought was a really cool idea--she seemed really inspired by the music, too, and able to connect with the story in a different way because of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome idea! Way to go, teacher! Music can help you connect so differently with something and so powerfully.

      Delete
  10. Think A Killing Frost sounds like a better title.

    Congrats on your third edit! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? The new one lacks the punch.

      Ta!

      Delete
  11. Congrats on finishing your 3rd round of edits!!! And best of luck as you tackle the 4th round - I know, writer's block is just gross, and for some reason mine ALWAYS hits somewhere around September and lasts through the entire month of October. Every year for the past 5 years, this is when it has struck...so now I try to prepare myself with alternative options on what to do during that time frame!

    And I can't wait to see INTO DARKNESS. I think we're going tomorrow night - I'll let you know what I think as soon as I see it...can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine took me out between late summer and early October last year. It was highly frustrating. Having other activities is such a smart idea. Now I'm learning to play the violin, I think I'll be able to distract myself should it become an issue again.

      ENJOY IT! It is soooooooooo gooooooooood!

      Delete
  12. Oh Cole, you're one of my writing heroes because you are so on top of things. So way to go! Also, you MUST check out Lindsey Sterling (you can find her on Spotify and YouTube). She's an incredible violinist and her music (all original) is AWESOME. I know you'll like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm blushing! Thank you ^_^

      Thank you soooo much for the recommendation! I have heard her Zelda stuff but now, thanks to you, I have her epic album! What an inspiration!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts