Sometimes, You Gotta Do It Yourself

I'm in one of those moods when I know what I want but I can't have it.

Why not?

Because I haven't written it yet.

Do you get that feeling sometimes, like "hmmmm, I really fancy a book featuring the adventures of arse-kicking, intergalactic heroines with a subplot featuring a space sharks and planets that dance the fandango..." except no one's written it so the only option is to roll up your sleeves and write it yourself?

That's a bestseller right there

I think that's one of my favourite parts of writing - plugging a gap. And isn't that the greatest thing about creativity - making things how you want them to be?

Comments

  1. I keep wanting to read about British superheroes/vigilantes. Along the lines of Misfits. And there's nothing...

    If you can't read it, write it. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "If you can't read it, write it. ^^"

      Words to live by!

      Delete
  2. I think that might actually be Stephen King advice--I know I read it somewhere. Something along the lines of: "What kind of book would you like to read but can't find? Write it!" It's a good way to start. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great leaping point for tackling writer's block too ^_^

      Delete
  3. Your story diagram is totally making me laugh. This is often how ideas end up in my story file. I figure if someone else hasn't written about it yet, it's a prime opportunity for me, especially when it feels like everything's been done. And you should definitely write about arse-kicking, intergalactic heroines with a space shark subplot. Pretty sure that's an original idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Seize the opportunity to be original!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts