My Personal NaNoWriMo

I realised today if I hit 50k by the 20th, I will have essentially completed my own personal NaNoWriMo between January and February.  It won't be the end of the story by any means, but 50k in a month is what NaNo asks of us.

This does mean I've got to crank out 7,000 words between now and Wednesday around my day job and playing the violin, but I am feeling so good about this story I know I can do it! And you know what, it's good to give yourself a challenge every now and then!

My new poster, reminding me every day to do AWESOME things

It has been so long since I enjoyed writing a first draft as much as this one.  My querying book definitely compares, but all those stalled drafts that occurred during the great Writer's Block of 2012 never felt as exciting and as good to write as this book.  It's not an effort to sit at my desk and type 2,000 words in one sitting. It feels sooooooo good to want to write this much, although it does mean my day job gets in the way :P

Here's to hitting 50k!

And because I'm all with the inspirational words today, here's a line from Skyfall, a current BBC promo Alfred, Lord Tennyson's poem Ulysses:


I'll let you know how I do on Wednesday ;)

Comments

  1. Congrats and good luck with the last 7k! I love the poster, too. I think I need to get some motivational posters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      It's a great poster to see every morning :D "Ah yes, I shall boldly go to work!"

      Delete
  2. Congrats! It's an achievement to write 50k for NaNo but to do your own without the end of the month deadline is incredible. Well done! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. I hope your half term week in the writing cave is going well :)

      Delete
  3. All the best to you, Cole! Let us know how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go go go! You can do it!

    I love that Tennyson quote. So inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I love it too. It really suits the mood of the story too :D

      Delete
  5. That's awesome, Cole! I managed to write about 1500 words yesterday (for the first time in ages) and I was pretty darn proud of myself. Your 50K in a month is definitely inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! It feels awesome to sit down and get words out :D

      Thank you!

      Delete
  6. Congrats! Hope you hit that 50k! Must be an amazing feeling to come off a writer's block with such a splash!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! Yeah, after months of getting nowhere, this feels wonderful :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts