When Playlists Are AWESOME

Don't you just love it when a piece of music captures you and takes you on an adventure? I managed to throw together a playlist that keeps inspiring me.  I've posted a lot of these tracks before, but I had to share the playlist because I LOVE IT! It's so exciting when a piece of music carries you away.  And every song does it in a different way.

Sometimes it's the lyrics that inspire me and take my characters on an epic journey:


It's hard to pick the exact part of this song that inspires me the most, but the chorus is probably the best:
Let the sky fall, 
When it crumbles
We will stand tall 
And face it all together

(And if you haven't seen Skyfall, go.  Now.)

Other times it's a combination of beat and lyrics.  This may be a little NSFW, but oooooooooooooohmiiiiiigaaaaaaawd the beat! THE BEAT! It's so intense!


Human beings in a mob
What's a mob to a king?
What's a king to a god?
What's a god to a non-believer?
Who don't believe in anything?

Now, by this point in the story this playlist has inspired, my two characters are in a world of trouble and one of them is having a massive crisis of conscience


Now there's no holding back,
I'm making to attack.

But it's okay, because her best friend is going to save her:


Say my name
And every colour illuminates
We are shining
And we'll never be afraid again.

And even during tragedy...


...hope can be found.


Hope some of this amazing music can inspire you too!

Comments

  1. I haven't been listening to a whole lot of music while I've been working on my WIP lately. I'm so easily distracted these days, which is unfortunate. I love that you've found so many pieces of music that inspire you and really get you writing. That's fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Music is definitely a huge source of inspiration! It helps me nail the emotions and rhythm that I'm going for in a scene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And if you find a piece that resonates with your character, you can really get into their head.

      Delete
  3. Yay music! (And 'Skyfall' won a Golden Globe for best original song!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw! Still can't believe Skyfall isn't up for more awards. *grumbles complains* Can't wait to see it again on Bluray next month ^_^

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts